What's new

Pulsar LT worth it?

Neosugg713

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I’m new to a trail boss and I have a 21 5.3L. I don’t like the whole start/stop and the fuel management crap and I’m sure you’re all in the same boat.

Do you guys have the pulsar installed on your trucks? Is it worth the hype? I’ve been looking around for experiences and I haven’t found any negatives. Just thought I’d ask you guys! Thanks.

I too have the 5.3 in a ‘22 limited. It was a Covid chip truck so lucked out with no auto start/stop or active DFM so I do not have a pulsar. But from everything I’ve seen on this forum it will come highly recommended for disabling both of those features. I’m sure others who have hands on experience will chime in. 👍🏻

I too have the 5.3 in a ‘22 limited. It was a Covid chip truck so lucked out with no auto start/stop or active DFM so I do not have a pulsar. But from everything I’ve seen on this forum it will come highly recommended for disabling both of those features. I’m sure others who have hands on experience will chime in. 👍🏻
Yeah it’s really annoying haha. Mine has a button to disable the auto start stop but that DFM you can hear it in the exhaust for sure.

I have the Pulsar on my '22 LTD and it's great for disabling DFM and adjusting throttle response, it's also useful for changing tire size should you choose to do so. The price tag is a little hard to swallow, bit if I was in your boat and had start/stop on my truck I would call it even more of a slam dunk.

I have the Pulsar on my '22 LTD and it's great for disabling DFM and adjusting throttle response, it's also useful for changing tire size should you choose to do so. The price tag is a little hard to swallow, bit if I was in your boat and had start/stop on my truck I would call it even more of a slam dunk.
I’ve been looking on FB marketplace haha see em for like $300

I have the pulsar and have dfm disabled, but the feature i love is adjusting throttle response. Its nice to be able to crank it up to make it feel more sporty or drop it down when the roads get snowy/icy

I have the pulsar and have dfm disabled, but the feature i love is adjusting throttle response. Its nice to be able to crank it up to make it feel more sporty or drop it down when the roads get snowy/icy
I saw that you could crank it up and burn tires easy lol

I've had mine for almost 3 years now. Auto start stop disabled, Throttle response adjusted, Transmission Eco Crap Disabled. I have no complaints.

I've had mine for almost 3 years now. Auto start stop disabled, Throttle response adjusted, Transmission Eco Crap Disabled. I have no complaints.
There’s transmission junk on these too? I’m probably going to end up getting one. I’m glad to see someone’s had one for quite a while with positive comments.

I bought one for my 2022 LT Trail Boss, but Mother Nature keeps throwing me curve balls (Snow storms) whenever I want to install it. Gotta love living in Michigan!

04/09/24 Update:
Finally got some good weather here in Michigan so I decided to install the Pulsar LT, everything went according to plan, followed the instructions to a “T” and double-checked by watching a couple of YouTube videos; Well guess what, the truck wouldn’t start and gave me dozens of error codes. I have the 22 refresh, come to find out, it isn't for the 2022 refreshed models like mine. I wish I had seen that in the description sooner before I bought it (it was on sale for $498.00 plus tax and delivery, for a total amount of $508.00). So now I have a $500 paperweight sitting at home. To say the least, I was dismayed and disappointed. Hopefully, someone who is thinking about buying it for their truck will think otherwise.

Last edited:
Ah man. I feel bad for you buddy lol already sunny and 80s during day down in SC haha. Maybe not quite the 80s yet but it’s been nice. It’ll get nice here for ya soon.

I saw that you could crank it up and burn tires easy lol
Putting it on level 5 setting which 68% more throttle response over stock it will easy spin my 35's!

I have only had my Pulsar LT on for a few days now and it is like driving a whole new truck. I leave my TR setting at 4. How about everyone else?

Hey guys.

So I’m new to a trail boss and I have a 21 5.3L. I don’t like the whole start/stop and the fuel management crap and I’m sure you’re all in the same boat.

Do you guys have the pulsar installed on your trucks? Is it worth the hype? I’ve been looking around for experiences and I haven’t found any negatives. Just thought I’d ask you guys! Thanks.
Hi! I have no personal experience on my truck but was intrigued after watching this video.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back