What's new

Pulsar LT

Reaction score
Ok so I disabled my DFM shut off my auto stop shut off my speed limiter is there anything else I can do that I would benefit from??

Curious if there's any other real benefit to the pulsar LT over the pedal commander if my truck didn't even come with DFM/Auto shut off? Is it really just the tire size adjustment?

Pulsar LTs ability to change the throttle response along with Tire Size change to get the correct MPH for the Speedometer was a big plus for me after doing my lift and tires. I recall before having the Pulsar installed the throttle response on my truck after lift felt a bit sluggish (as to be expected with bigger tires). Popping up the throttle response to Level 3 did wonders and the truck feels better in my opinion with the adjusted throttle response on my lifted truck and tires (2" Readylift SST and 315/R70/17 tires). I never tried the increasing the Throttle response with a stock setup but I'm sure that it would be fun to drive on stock lift and tires. Only downside to the Pulsar LT is that it is very easy to adjust the throttle response by mistake if you are not careful and toggle it on the cruise control. I could tell immediately by gassing the truck on the light if I accidentally toggled it down or up, luckily its just as easy to correct it if needed.

So I failed on the experiment for the return trip. I neglected to turn the DFM off to chart the differences. That being said I traveled in excess of 80mph for the majority of the return (when I could) Mileage was in the 16.5's As is the case with most vehicles...speed kills (mileage). That return trip always gets me as I'm usually ready to get home and become less than patient. If I had to just make a guess I'd bet that mileage with the DFM off would have been in the 15's. I'm gonna have a few more road trips coming up and I'll try this again. As for DFM operating after being turned off for a long period of time I didn't notice any problems.

So I failed on the experiment for the return trip. I neglected to turn the DFM off to chart the differences. That being said I traveled in excess of 80mph for the majority of the return (when I could) Mileage was in the 16.5's As is the case with most vehicles...speed kills (mileage). That return trip always gets me as I'm usually ready to get home and become less than patient. If I had to just make a guess I'd bet that mileage with the DFM off would have been in the 15's. I'm gonna have a few more road trips coming up and I'll try this again. As for DFM operating after being turned off for a long period of time I didn't notice any problems.
Thanks for the update

" Throttle Sensitivity " who is using this mode ? ive kept my on stock. dont see much benefit ? i guess people like to use less gas pedal to accel ?

" Throttle Sensitivity " who is using this mode ? ive kept my on stock. dont see much benefit ? i guess people like to use less gas pedal to accel
" Throttle Sensitivity " who is using this mode ? ive kept my on stock. dont see much benefit ? i guess people like to use less gas pedal to accel ?
it gets rid of the Chevy lag

I keep mine on 20. Seems to be just right for me. I have accidentally bumped it down to 10 a few times and the difference is instantly noticeable. (That’s the decreased from stock setting). The drawback is that my work ride is a 2014 Silverado with a 5.3 and a lot of miles. After spending a lot of time in it and getting back in the Boss I have to be careful or I’ll get whiplash!

I keep mine on 20. Seems to be just right for me. I have accidentally bumped it down to 10 a few times and the difference is instantly noticeable. (That’s the decreased from stock setting). The drawback is that my work ride is a 2014 Silverado with a 5.3 and a lot of miles. After spending a lot of time in it and getting back in the Boss I have to be careful or I’ll get whiplash!
badass man. Having any issues with the Speed Limiter Setting resetting back to default ? mine keeps setting back to 98mph ?

Most Reactions

Back