What's new

Pulsar LT

I have the Pulsar LT and a Elite Engineering catch can. I remove both before bringing it in to the dealer.
Although they should not void warranty, I'd rather take the 15 minutes to remove both and then I don't have to worry about it.

Side note: Remember to disconnect battery before removing Pulsar.

I have the Pulsar LT and a Elite Engineering catch can. I remove both before bringing it in to the dealer.
Although they should not void warranty, I'd rather take the 15 minutes to remove both and then I don't have to worry about it.

Side note: Remember to disconnect battery before removing Pulsar.
I have the same setup and had planned on removing both before going to the dealer. Is there anyone that has left either installed and was anything said or noted by the dealer?

Latest update:
I was very disappointed today as the myChevy app did not update any off the Vehicle Status Information (Tire pressure, Gas, Fuel mileage etc...). after a 40 minute drive. I noted the information it listed, closed the app and reopened and went to vehicle status - it all updated. So I started looking into the app issues (Google...) and found there are many post about such issues.
Example ( https://digistatement.com/mychevrolet-app-not-updating-in-2021-how-to-fix-it/ )

I decided to post this in case others are having the issues with the Pulsar and the myChevy app. It could just be the app.

@TexasSAR - If your having the issue still, try looking it up and see if there is a fix out there for you. I would assume if this is using the same channel and the diagnostics, it would be broken all the time (assuming).

The only thing that does not work 100% of the time with the Pulsar installed, is the AutoStop button.
Stays illuminated and doesn't change when pressed and for some reason is disabled. If I disable with Pulsar, light goes out, if I enable in Pulsar, light comes back on but does nothing when pressed).

Hope this help someone and if you have questions - please ask.

My Chevrolet app updates everything but has alert notice saying it’s unable to retrieve diagnostic data but my mileage, tire 🛞 pressure and has mileage is current.

My auto stop stays lit and does nothing when pushed but is off.

Thanks for sharing

Looks like the Chevy app for IOS (Apple) has been updated. Wonder if it will resolve some of the issues?
I clicked on the informational button for last connected time (circle with "i" in it) and it came up with "We get updated information from your vehicle each time you drive. After your next drive, your vehicle status will be updated".
Seems it does not live update (as I thought). But everything seems to be accurate. (will keep eye on and monitor)

So after having the DFM disabled in the truck and the price of gas, I decide to enable the DFM keeping the Pulsar on the truck.
With the Borla S-Type exhaust, you can hear the difference. I also am getting about 5+ MPG more with the DFM on. Avg 15-16 MPG vs 19-20.
I was going to leave it on, but I can not disable the autostop via the button so I just removed it.

In short, I was willing to deal with a few quarks, but there are just too many shortcoming with it on.

I will be contacting Holley to see it they will take it back (probably not)

You disable the Autostop via the Pulsar. Once that is done it’s disabled. The button doesn’t work on the dash

If you have issues with the Chevy app, especially remote commands like lock, uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache of old data. It then should start working fine.

After 18,000 miles, the Pulsar is still worth it to me. Really unleashes that 6.2. The one thing about the pulsar is that any ECM code scanner will not work with the Pulsar installed, including OnStar. I simply remove it before visiting the dealer and all is good. Your ECM will still store any trouble codes with Pulsar installed. As a matter of policy, GM is starting to do ECM scans via the OBDII port when you bring your truck in for any service. All the more important to remove pulsar before visiting the dealer.

I understand that the Pulsar is nice, it just has too many quarks. If I want to disable DFM while running around town, I can just put it the transmission in L9.
Pressing the autostop button after starting the truck is no issue (if i want to disable). So I can't justify having the Pulsar for DFM or AutoStop.

I do agree, the 6.2 comes alive with the DFM disabled and the petal response set to 5 - but with $5+ a gal now, I don't see disabling the DFM for quite some time. (again, I can always put the transmission in L9 which disables it).

I am not knocking anyone who has one, it's just not for me at this time.

Holley has confirmed they will create an RMA for me since I bought it from them.

If you have issues with the Chevy app, especially remote commands like lock, uninstall and reinstall the app to clear the cache of old data. It then should start working fine.

After 18,000 miles, the Pulsar is still worth it to me. Really unleashes that 6.2. The one thing about the pulsar is that any ECM code scanner will not work with the Pulsar installed, including OnStar. I simply remove it before visiting the dealer and all is good. Your ECM will still store any trouble codes with Pulsar installed. As a matter of policy, GM is starting to do ECM scans via the OBDII port when you bring your truck in for any service. All the more important to remove pulsar before visiting the dealer.
Wait What..
The Pulsar LT will disable Onstar???
Anyone selling one?

Wait What..
The Pulsar LT will disable Onstar???
I see you found the thread.
Yes, there are quite a few quarks with the Pulsar LT with Onstar and the myChevy app and the Pulsar in general.
It has it's good points and it's bad. Depending on what you want out of it, it could be worth it to you.

For me, I am waiting on my RMA to return.
I found no value in having it as I don't need to change my tire size, gear ratio, top speed (no need to do 145 in a truck with tires rated for < 100 MPH), clear DTC codes, change the throttle response or reprogram the TPMS for low pressure warning.
To disable the DFM, just put the transmission in L9 (assuming 10 speed transmission)
To disable AutoStop, press a button.

If you haven't, read the whole thread. I would encourage you to do so as there is some good information.
Feel free to post questions,.

I see you found the thread.
Yes, there are quite a few quarks with the Pulsar LT with Onstar and the myChevy app and the Pulsar in general.
It has it's good points and it's bad. Depending on what you want out of it, it could be worth it to you.

For me, I am waiting on my RMA to return.
I found no value in having it as I don't need to change my tire size, gear ratio, top speed (no need to do 145 in a truck with tires rated for < 100 MPH), clear DTC codes, change the throttle response or reprogram the TPMS for low pressure warning.
To disable the DFM, just put the transmission in L9 (assuming 10 speed transmission)
To disable AutoStop, press a button.

If you haven't, read the whole thread. I would encourage you to do so as there is some good information.
Feel free to post questions,.
I'm with you on the actual "need" for the Pulsar. In my 2021 TB both L9 and L10 seem to disable DFM and ALSO disable Auto Stop.

I'm with you on the actual "need" for the Pulsar. In my 2021 TB both L9 and L10 seem to disable DFM and ALSO disable Auto Sto
I haven't tested it in L10, thanks for posting, I'll have to check that out along with it disabling the Auto Stop.

I'm with you on the actual "need" for the Pulsar. In my 2021 TB both L9 and L10 seem to disable DFM and ALSO disable Auto Stop.
Updated 6/6/0222 - I don't think L10 is disabling the DFM on the 6.2l, but it does disable the autostop.
L9 does disable both.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back