What's new

Radio Equalizer won't save settings

Midnight 21

Reaction score
Every time I start up my truck I have to reset my Equalizer settings. It goes back to the default settings. 0 across the board. Does anyone else have this problem?
Its just the 7" that comes in the Custom. I'm actually happily impressed with the sound and ease of operation with this system. Just hope I can figure out this issue.

DevOps260

Reaction score
Check to see if the infotainment system is set to Demo mode. I actually preset all my radio stations after driving off the dealership lot and was wondering why they all preset back to default. It was due to it being in demo mode.

OP
Midnight 21

Midnight 21

Reaction score
Check to see if the infotainment system is set to Demo mode. I actually preset all my radio stations after driving off the dealership lot and was wondering why they all preset back to default. It was due to it being in demo mode.
How would I check this ?? Everything else is working perfectly and set up, sync to phone etc

DevOps260

Reaction score
There would be a message in the start screen to confirm its not a demo vehicle. If your phone is synced and stations are saved when startup then "demo mode" won't be the issue you are seeing.

This tech link for 2018-2019 infotainment system mentions that EQ settings are reset along bluetooth sync and saved stations etc. Since you just purchased the vehicle I figured that could have been your case.

Brando

Reaction score
I am having the same problem!!! Have tried to find out what I can do to fix it as well. It's really only the EQ settings and the startup volume that reset every time my truck is off for more that a few hours.

danh63

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with that and my phone and discovered mine was in demo mode. Not sure but on some of my other cars all the setting stayed with which key you used.

OP
Midnight 21

Midnight 21

Reaction score
I was having the same problem with that and my phone and discovered mine was in demo mode. Not sure but on some of my other cars all the setting stayed with which key you used.
Definitely not in DEMO mode

Brando

Reaction score
This does work to confirm if demo mode is on or off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-142836~2.png
    Screenshot_20210328-142836~2.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 31

Latest Discussions...

Most Reactions