What's new

Radio Equalizer won't save settings

Midnight 21

Reaction score
Every time I start up my truck I have to reset my Equalizer settings. It goes back to the default settings. 0 across the board. Does anyone else have this problem?
Its just the 7" that comes in the Custom. I'm actually happily impressed with the sound and ease of operation with this system. Just hope I can figure out this issue.

Check to see if the infotainment system is set to Demo mode. I actually preset all my radio stations after driving off the dealership lot and was wondering why they all preset back to default. It was due to it being in demo mode.

Check to see if the infotainment system is set to Demo mode. I actually preset all my radio stations after driving off the dealership lot and was wondering why they all preset back to default. It was due to it being in demo mode.
How would I check this ?? Everything else is working perfectly and set up, sync to phone etc

There would be a message in the start screen to confirm its not a demo vehicle. If your phone is synced and stations are saved when startup then "demo mode" won't be the issue you are seeing.

This tech link for 2018-2019 infotainment system mentions that EQ settings are reset along bluetooth sync and saved stations etc. Since you just purchased the vehicle I figured that could have been your case.

I am having the same problem!!! Have tried to find out what I can do to fix it as well. It's really only the EQ settings and the startup volume that reset every time my truck is off for more that a few hours.

I was having the same problem with that and my phone and discovered mine was in demo mode. Not sure but on some of my other cars all the setting stayed with which key you used.

I was having the same problem with that and my phone and discovered mine was in demo mode. Not sure but on some of my other cars all the setting stayed with which key you used.
Definitely not in DEMO mode

This does work to confirm if demo mode is on or off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-142836~2.png
    Screenshot_20210328-142836~2.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,981
Has anyone figured this out? I called the dealer and they claim they have never heard of the problem.

GM is working on a fix I found from a quick search. Released on april 27..

Customers may comment about any combination of the following Radio System Settings being lost, not retained, or returning to a default value after the ignition is turned off and the radio goes to sleep:

• Audio Tone Settings; including equalizer or EQ, Fade, Balance, or Sound Mode return to a neutral, zero, or default value
  • Language setting defaults back to English from any other language
  • Radio Maximum Startup Volume has changed leading to a complaint the volume is louder or not as loud as what it was during the previous drive cycle
The cause of this condition is unknown but appears to only occur with software version V135118. This software was built into 2021 model year vehicles listed but would not be present in a 2020 model year vehicle unless the radio was reprogrammed or replaced and programmed with the V135118 software version.

Got the same problem with my 2021 tb Lt hope we get this fixed it is so frustrating...

I found a thread, doing searches, as I was having same issue in my 2021. Went into settings and defaulted/reset system. After such reset, the issues have gone away. My audio adjustments are now retained and have stayed good for a week. Issue seems to be resolved with reset/defaulting as the fix. Worth a try for those having the issues still as it only takes a couple of minutes and costs nothing.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back