What's new

Radio volume out of control refresh 2022

2032Ceta

Reaction score
This has happened twice so far while driving. Using my apple car play, my stereo volume went to max and I couldn't turn it down or shut off the radio. Phone was in the cubby for charging, which BTW works some of the time. I tried the volume buttons on the radio and steering wheel. The second time it went crazy, it went back to normal after about 10 seconds of ear splitting music. Shortly thereafter I had a strong smell of burnt wiring. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this issue as I have an appointment on Monday for an oil change and to fix the two recalls. As of now, the stereo seems to working just fine, but I was wondering if I blew a speaker which caused the burnt wiring smell. Weird!

I had an odd issue this morning with my radio as well. I was on bluetooth talking on the phone and when I hung up my radio was silent. Anytime I tried to adjust the volume from the controls it said phone volume. This is an odd one, I'm hoping after it sits today and I get back in it later it will be back to normal.

I’ve had that same issue on my 2021 TB LT… the volume controls wouldn’t work… gripped to dealership they told me to turn off car, go do something for about 30mins and come back and it will work🙄…. It did! Until about two other times and same fix! I traded in my 21 and got the 22 TB LT… so far, knock on wood….. No stereo issues! I love my truck but reading all these issues and recalls makes me wonder! That being said, every vehicle manufacturer has issues and recalls (just some more than others😳)

Just got back from the dealership for the two recalls and an oil change. They checked everything with the radio and didn't find any issues...go figure. Good news is my truck is going in on 3 April to get the hood repaired. They said they would have it about a week and they already did a couple of trucks so mine won't be the test truck. I'm also getting a rental for the week my truck is in the shop.

I haven't had the loud volume issue before, but I have had the radio stay silent after a call or after using android auto. If that happens to you guys, try hitting the end call button on the steering wheel. That always seems to fix it for me.

My stereo goes silent for about one or two seconds all the time, sometimes more than others. And that's on Sirus XM, Apple music bluetooth or hardwired even phone calls. Dealer said GM knows of the issue and working on it. Anyone else have this issue?

2022 re-fresh.

This might sound weird but if you are having a lot of electronic gremlins, check the condition of your batteries. My truck was one of the first refresh trucks built (January of last year) and apparently left the factory with a bad battery. From day one the battery wouldn't hold a charge for even 6 days if not driven. When the battery was low, even if the truck would start many electronic systems stopped working. Lane Assist, Front Collision Detection/Warning system, Auto stop/start, wireless key fobs not unlocking the truck, and a crackling noise from the speakers were all issues I saw until the next time I fully charged the battery. This repeated until the battery was ultimately replaced.

My stereo goes silent for about one or two seconds all the time, sometimes more than others. And that's on Sirus XM, Apple music bluetooth or hardwired even phone calls. Dealer said GM knows of the issue and working on it. Anyone else have this issue?

2022 re-fresh.
I forgot to mention that to the dealer. Mine does that every day a few times each time I drive it. The dealer did say everything was up-to-date on my truck in terms of computers.

Reactions: JBJ
I forgot to mention that to the dealer. Mine does that every day a few times each time I drive it. The dealer did say everything was up-to-date on my truck in terms of computers.

Same with mine, 22 refresh, but I notice primarily on XM, almost always after I start it up blanks for a second or two about a minute after music starts. I listen mostly to sports radio and XM, but have noticed primarily on XM. Has happened sporadically on longer drives but only on a few occassions.
My only other issue, is sometimes my blinker will blink rapidly and get message on dash that signal is out, but if turn blinker off and on, it works properly. They said might have bad LED or component on light assembly, so ordering a new one. If have this issue get checked out asap, the LED light assembly is over $1000, so better to do under warranty than let slide and pay out of pocket in future, cannot just replace the LED.

Reactions: JBJ

Most Reactions

Back