What's new

Range AFM disabler

TrailBoss

Reaction score
when you are driving down the road doing about 35 mph.. if you take your foot off the gas it will shoot up to 99 mpg.. if it does that, you have DFM. You won’t have afm because that is old tech now.

Make sure your truck is good and warmed up before doing it!

leftynmn

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I am wondering how to tell if my 2021 has DFM or AFM on it.
I actually just went to my dealership and had my salesman look into it. He said I do. Not sure how or what he did to find out this info.

leftynmn

Reaction score
when you are driving down the road doing about 35 mph.. if you take your foot off the gas it will shoot up to 99 mpg.. if it does that, you have DFM. You won’t have afm because that is old tech now.

Make sure your truck is good and warmed up before doing it!
Thanks!

rhinoboss

Reaction score
20210602_192436742_iOS (2).jpg

rhinoboss

Reaction score
Does this Pulsar actually help your lifters from breaking? Saw a guy on YT that has the Pulsar and his lifters still broke in a 2021.

rhinoboss

Reaction score
Fingers crossed at 1600 miles. I'll let you know...
Well, I have 11,000 miles with no issues yet. I am just finding it hard to shell out $500 for the Pulsar LT.

I did speak with the Dealer and I verified again that I do have DFM.

Yooda50

Reaction score
Greetings all,
Just purchased a 2020 Trail Boss. Wanting to put a stop to the AFM. I do not have the DFM. Looking at getting the Range AFM/DFM disabler. Easy to use. Just plug it in & remove when not needed. just wanted to see if current users are happy with the Range device or if there are others I should be looking at. Also trying to decide on a catch can. Thanks for the help.
I purchased a new 2020 TB 5.3 10 speed trans. I put 18k miles on it. Couldn’t take the autostop or DFM any longer. Purchased the Range disabler that plugs into the OBD port below steering wheel. Best choice so far as its only a $200 investment. Cheaper than the Pulsar LT plus I only wanted to stop the DFM & the Autostop. The Autostop light on the switch doesn’t turn off but it works. Throttle response has been very noticable. Gas mileage has changed very little. Plus if I go to the dealer for service, I simply unplug it and stick it in my pocket. when I leave the dealer, I plug it back in. The Pulsar is more involved to remove as it plugs into the computer under the hood. Hope this helps.

YellowStones

Reaction score
ordered Range disabler. supposed to arrive today. hopefully truck stops running like a pile of shit.

YellowStones

Reaction score
Got it. went for a spin. drives much better, sounds better, feels better. Still something dodgy about this 8 speed though. Problem is mostly when going from 1st to 2nd and/or 2nd to 3rd - it clunks or jerks or thuds or whatever you call that BS. Already took it in once to have it looked at - they found a bulletin to replace some tranny fluid - they did that, it ran better for a while, then started running shitty again.

Jmzvet

Reaction score
I want one too but Range says the plug in AFM /start-stop disabler is not for the 19-21 trucks?