What's new

Range AFM disabler

cire

Reaction score
Greetings all,
Just purchased a 2020 Trail Boss. Wanting to put a stop to the AFM. I do not have the DFM. Looking at getting the Range AFM/DFM disabler. Easy to use. Just plug it in & remove when not needed. just wanted to see if current users are happy with the Range device or if there are others I should be looking at. Also trying to decide on a catch can. Thanks for the help.

I’ve had one in my 08 5.3 Suburban for several years. Works as advertised and easily worth the price👍

Last edited:
I got the autostop emiminator that just makes the factory button retain its setting.... which is how the truck should have been in first place. I liked that it doesnt use battery when truck is off and would be indistinguishable from stock. Havent installed yet though because of other projects (68 vette) and weather.

I got the autostop emiminator that just makes the factory button retain its setting.... which is how the truck should have been in first place. I liked that it doesnt use battery when truck is off and would be indistinguishable from stock. Havent installed yet though because of other projects (68 vette) and weather.

You'll like it once you do!!

Yeah I keep kicking myself for not getting around to it. What bothers me with the autostop is sometimes you get on the gas before it's "ready" and it kinda clunks into gear.... just doesn't seem good for the engine or tranny. It's also nice to have better heat in the winter and ac in summer at longer lights. Need to get around to it soon.

Correct me if I’m wrong, the auto start/stop eliminator just retains the last setting of the switch?

Correct me if I’m wrong, the auto start/stop eliminator just retains the last setting of the switch?

Correct. It doesn't draw any power when the vehicle is turned off, unlike most of the modules (which tell you to unplug them if the truck will sit a week).

I pulled the trigger and purchased the disabler. Had it for two weeks. Love it. I can definitely tell a difference. Especially on the freeway.

Just curious. How did this dis abler affect your gas mileage?

It’s only been two weeks. But I can’t tell any difference. Most of my driving during the week is on and off the freeway to work. I fill up every Friday. The last three weeks my driving mileage has been the same. I can tell all 8 cylinders are firing. Especially on the freeway. My RPM’S are a little higher with the disabler plugged in. and if I have to accelerate to pass there is no hesitation at all. Definitely worth it.

New on here and not trying to steal this thread but I just bought a 2019 Trailboss LT 5.3, 8 speed. How do I know if I have AFM? I had it on my 2014 GMC all terrain and it showed when it switched to V4. Can not see it anywhere on my Trailboss. Article I read said it is available on trailboss not standard. I had a Range disabler for my GMC and worked great. If I have AFM on my trailboss I will get a Range disabler for it for sure. How do I know if I have AFM on my Trailboss? Nothing noticeable as far as performance when driving it. Thanks.

New on here and not trying to steal this thread but I just bought a 2019 Trailboss LT 5.3, 8 speed. How do I know if I have AFM? I had it on my 2014 GMC all terrain and it showed when it switched to V4. Can not see it anywhere on my Trailboss. Article I read said it is available on trailboss not standard. I had a Range disabler for my GMC and worked great. If I have AFM on my trailboss I will get a Range disabler for it for sure. How do I know if I have AFM on my Trailboss? Nothing noticeable as far as performance when driving it. Thanks.
Did you buy it new ?

Did you ever figure this out? I am wondering how to tell if my 2021 has DFM or AFM on it.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back