What's new

Rare colored boss'

I like it ! but I would need the front end to be orange as well.

I wish I wasn't an impatient man, otherwise I would order that colour. But I usually just find most of what I'm looking for on the lot. Can't see waiting months just for a colour.
But everytime I see an orange one it reminds me of my favourite truck.
Screenshot_20210430-173058_Facebook.jpg

I wish I wasn't an impatient man, otherwise I would order that colour. But I usually just find most of what I'm looking for on the lot. Can't see waiting months just for a colour.
But everytime I see an orange one it reminds me of my favourite truck.
View attachment 2211

I personally didnt wait for a certain color but if your gonna spend that much money on a truck then make sure its got the stuff you really want, color included. if you dont youll be saying what "I wish I had" on that truck the whole time you own it.

I personally didnt wait for a certain color but if your gonna spend that much money on a truck then make sure its got the stuff you really want, color included. if you dont youll be saying what "I wish I had" on that truck the whole time you own it.

Amen.

This is why I ended up with a lightly used '21 instead of a '23. Couldn't get everything I wanted...well actually I couldn't get really anything I wanted, in a '23, even with a factory order...so I found a '21 with 12k miles on it that had everything plus. Really glad I did - the new interior, although really nice, would not have made up for all the other missing equipment.

In order to get a SPO color like that GM requires 5 orders in that color. They won't build until that happens. They actually have more SPO colors available than the number of colors they build with. You can find the full pallet of colors at gmfleet.com.

I almost ordered the orange or fleet yellow color as there were a few I had seen pictures of online when searching dealers for trucks. Because the front fender extensions and the cap spoiler 3rd brake light piece are from suppliers, they don't get painted the special order colors, they get assembled with black parts. I decided it wasn't worth the extra wait and expense to get those color matched once it arrived. I'm happy with my shadow gray, which has since been dropped.

The other day I came across what I would consider a rare color, but had never actually seen it on a Silverado in person even though it's a standard order color. Brown. When I was looking for a truck 3 years ago I was living in Norfolk, Virginia. An inventory search on chevrolet.com showed a brown Trail Boss or AT4 truck exactly as I wanted at a dealership in the Outer Banks. If the blue truck I ended buying hadn't been available I probably would've moved on the brown truck. Yesterday (July 3rd), I was driving east on I-10 from El Paso to Big Spring, TX on I-20. Shortly before I reached the Border Patrol checkpoint I saw a brown Silverado. I wanted to get closer to check it out, but because all the traffic for passenger vehicles was merged into 1 lane, and I ended up being stuck behind an idiot that couldn't follow simple instructions (probably should've been pulled aside by CBP for further inspection, imo) the brown truck was able to pull away while I was stuck waiting for my turn at the checkpoint. Many miles later I was able to catch up to the brown truck and admire it. 3 years and that's the only brown Silverado I've seen on the road. It made me kinda regret not getting brown.

The other day I came across what I would consider a rare color, but had never actually seen it on a Silverado in person even though it's a standard order color. Brown. When I was looking for a truck 3 years ago I was living in Norfolk, Virginia. An inventory search on chevrolet.com showed a brown Trail Boss or AT4 truck exactly as I wanted at a dealership in the Outer Banks. If the blue truck I ended buying hadn't been available I probably would've moved on the brown truck. Yesterday (July 3rd), I was driving east on I-10 from El Paso to Big Spring, TX on I-20. Shortly before I reached the Border Patrol checkpoint I saw a brown Silverado. I wanted to get closer to check it out, but because all the traffic for passenger vehicles was merged into 1 lane, and I ended up being stuck behind an idiot that couldn't follow simple instructions (probably should've been pulled aside by CBP for further inspection, imo) the brown truck was able to pull away while I was stuck waiting for my turn at the checkpoint. Many miles later I was able to catch up to the brown truck and admire it. 3 years and that's the only brown Silverado I've seen on the road. It made me kinda regret not getting brown.
There is one in town here, it is a sharp looking color!

I had brownstone metallic on my 2015 HD. It was pretty color, got compliments on it all the time because it wasn’t super popular at the time. Newer iterations of Oxford brown, Havana brown and even harvest bronze are darker but do make for a good looking truck.

Post in thread 'Oxford Brown Metallic'
https://www.trailboss.org/threads/oxford-brown-metallic.191/post-2620

I wanted to see this color in person when I ordered my truck. I believe it was a 2021 only color as it was dropped in 2022. My grandpa had a 77 square body in brown so I wanted to know how it compared as kind of a memory to him. I'm not really a brown fan so I went with Shadow Gray.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back