What's new

RC grill lights

Jmzvet

Staff member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of the Rough Country dual 10in LED grill lights. I’ve heard good things about them.
Anyone here have them?
DB383742-5B45-49D5-9A7C-1999C1A48A24.jpeg

Is this the one you have to cut up your grill? They look bad ass if I could ever take a saw to my grill I’d buy.

Ya you have to clip off a couple pieces but once installed, the lights look like they were meant to be there.
They look even better on a black TB grill.

Lonestar hawaiian on YouTube. He's got some good videos on the TB

I did. I have an LT with LED headlights and the RC lights cast a wider/higher pattern combined with the headlights. They are not crazy bright but they are worth $200.
I have an extra set of brackets if anyone wants them. Just cover shipping from 92020

Attachments

• F4939F3D-048D-43CB-8DAD-C235DDA1CD30.jpeg
    F4939F3D-048D-43CB-8DAD-C235DDA1CD30.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 19
Two notes on the Lonestar Hawaiian video. I watched that video before installing 2 RC light kits. There is an alternative for the cable routing going through the firewall. Not to be critical but his rout seemed more complicated and did not make sense to me. I posted pics and an explanation of how to go through the firewall last week in the What did you do to your Trail Boss thread.

Also, he pulls a ground wire to disable a tiny LED on the switch.. That LED is not going to influence your battery. The on/off LEDs are there to protect your battery. His lights are wired hot, they are not disabled by the ignition system. During daylight if you inadvertantly bump that switch and leave your truck the lights will suck your battery dry. I like being able to see from the cab what is going on and I like things grounded. YMMV.

Steve

Reactions: Baz
Two notes on the Lonestar Hawaiian video. I watched that video before installing 2 RC light kits. There is an alternative for the cable routing going through the firewall. Not to be critical but his rout seemed more complicated and did not make sense to me. I posted pics and an explanation of how to go through the firewall last week in the What did you do to your Trail Boss thread.

Also, he pulls a ground wire to disable a tiny LED on the switch.. That LED is not going to influence your battery. The on/off LEDs are there to protect your battery. His lights are wired hot, they are not disabled by the ignition system. During daylight if you inadvertantly bump that switch and leave your truck the lights will suck your battery dry. I like being able to see from the cab what is going on and I like things grounded. YMMV.

Steve
Ya he had a lot of problems getting his grill off too. Mine pulled right off👍
I ran the wires through a big rubber grommet on the passenger side firewall into the cab by the glove box.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back