What's new

Remote Removed From Vehicle Horn Honk

JustJohn8511

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 2021 LT, and the manual states that I can disable the "Remote removed from vehicle" horn honking notification, but when I go into the settings on the touchscreen, it's not there. The "remote left in vehicle" notification is there for me to edit/disable, but not the removed from vehicle one. Any ideas?

As a hunter, this is a bit of a problem on early mornings in the woods. I need to be able to get out of the truck to unlock gates, etc. with the engine running. Thanks for any guidance.

-John

Following - I hate this feature. Super annoying for sure. Please let me know if you figure anything out.

I read through a LOT of the manual for my Corvette, because it has Keyless Access features similar to what you describe. (My Custom level TB does not.) Unfortunately, while it is easy to use the DIC in my Corvette to turn off the Horn honking when I get out, and the car locks, you have probably already tried that. And I couldn't find anything else regarding this issue.

Seems the Remote Left in Vehicle solved it for me.

20210309_182550504_iOS.jpg

Well, didn’t work. Went into the gas station, came out. Opened door, sat down, closed door, triple horn honk.

Remote into the gas station with you? Maybe the distance the remote traveled away from the truck triggered it? You have same settings as me. I'll try distance with mine

Remote into the gas station with you? Maybe the distance the remote traveled away from the truck triggered it? You have same settings as me. I'll try distance with mine
Yea, keys stay in my pocket. Once I have my first oil change done, I will have them update the software also. Maybe that will fix it.

Thanks guys. I'll try turning off the "remote left in vehicle." I currently have it set to lights only (no horn) and, now that you mention this, I have not noticed the horn honk on exiting the running vehicle either...possible connection? More to follow. Thanks for the help guys!

Well, turning off the "remote left in vehicle" option seems to have also turned off the "remote removed from vehicle" honking. I've tested it out twice, getting out, closing the door, with the engine running, and no honking. I walked at least as far away as I have in the past, but the honking curse seems to be lifted. This feels like a win!

Most Reactions

Back