What's new

Replacing brakes & Rotors

YellowStones

Reaction score
19 TB

Curious where you guys get your pads and rotors, and what your experience has been with OE vs Gold tier vs Silver Tier parts

Seems to be a severe shortage on this stuff at the moment....having trouble finding what I need

Anyone else?

Thanks

Haven't had to replace brakes on my Trail Boss(19 Custom 36K miles) yet... But for previous trucks and current projects I get stuff from Summit. Quick delivery if in stock and if not in stock give a pretty good idea of how long the back order is. Returns are easy enough. Have had good luck with Power Stop brake products in the past. Had the trailer upgrade kit on my suburban, slotted-cross drilled and zinc coated rotors with ceramic pads. Was pretty nice. I'll go that route when I need it on the TB. 🤙

Haven't had to replace brakes on my Trail Boss(19 Custom 36K miles) yet... But for previous trucks and current projects I get stuff from Summit. Quick delivery if in stock and if not in stock give a pretty good idea of how long the back order is. Returns are easy enough. Have had good luck with Power Stop brake products in the past. Had the trailer upgrade kit on my suburban, slotted-cross drilled and zinc coated rotors with ceramic pads. Was pretty nice. I'll go that route when I need it on the TB. 🤙
Nice. Thanks. I'll check it out.

When you go on to your options in the dash, what percentage are you at on your brakes that you are needing to replace them?

I am curious to know when I will have to replace mine. I'm at 52% in the front and 70% in the back. They still feel fine to me but I doubt waiting for them to reach 10% or less would be smart.

21 TB w/ 61k miles

When you go on to your options in the dash, what percentage are you at on your brakes that you are needing to replace them?

I am curious to know when I will have to replace mine. I'm at 52% in the front and 70% in the back. They still feel fine to me but I doubt waiting for them to reach 10% or less would be smart.

21 TB w/ 61k miles
Not sure on that off hand. Making noise though. 100k Miles.

I'm at ~50% front and ~70% rear, 96k miles on the odometer.

Are these factory pads ceramic?

Trying to figure out what is best to replace them with.....

Yes they are ceramic from factory.
do u know where is best to buy?

Shop function on the Chevy app says "can't buy online, must buy at dealership"

I have found some stuff on GM Parts Direct, but it does not specify the Tier (silver, gold ect) as it does on the Chevy app.

would really love to get some peoples input on what they are replacing their pads and rotors with

thanks

So I have a 2021 to- 46k miles, brake wear shows 7%left in back and 53% left in front. Weak later dash said to service brakes.. took to dealership and they said back pads are 4mm and front have 5mm and backs need to be changed. Anyone else hear of this? Odd that backs already need to be changed and I have only used to tow 3 times. I know 2019 tb had a service alert on brake monitoring system but can’t find anything for a 2021. Any suggestions?

So I have a 2021 to- 46k miles, brake wear shows 7%left in back and 53% left in front. Weak later dash said to service brakes.. took to dealership and they said back pads are 4mm and front have 5mm and backs need to be changed. Anyone else hear of this? Odd that backs already need to be changed and I have only used to tow 3 times. I know 2019 tb had a service alert on brake monitoring system but can’t find anything for a 2021. Any suggestions?
Not sure on the service alerts.

When in doubt, disassemble and check all the pads and rotors yourself.

I have 19 TB. - 112k miles...still haven't replace the pads or rotors...mostly highway miles though. It's time though.....just trying to get all the parts.

21 TB w/ 61k miles
2020 with almost 110K miles: ~45% Front, ~67% Rear

Most Reactions

Back