What's new

Ride Height Question

AZ Trail Boss

Reaction score
So question - I have a 24 trail boss - currently at about 78.5 inches (roughly) - I want to level my front end - and change out my stock 20 inch rims with this set up:

BF Goodrich Baja Champion

LT 315-70 R17

And I’m having a helluva time trying to figure what my ride height will be after the changes - not going to lift anything sooo- I should be good to go? - I need to still be able to fit in my garage at 79-80 inches - there’s the rub…

Thanks in advance all

The tire diameter is INCREASING 1.36". 315/70/17's are considered a metric 35" tire. I have a set waiting to go on my truck. They WILL rub without some trimming and modification. You'll want at least a 2" lift in the front.

The tire diameter is INCREASING 1.36". 315/70/17's are considered a metric 35" tire. I have a set waiting to go on my truck. They WILL rub without some trimming and modification. You'll want at least a 2" lift in the front.
I might be splitting hairs here, but I did the math and it came out to 34.36". 305/75r17 works out to 35.01".

METRIC 35, LOL, that's why it's listed as 315/70/17 vs like 35x12.5x17

Where would need to be trimmed? I would guess the stock mud flaps perhaps? Any where else you know please share - I may just downsize the tire 🤷‍♂️

The stock mudflap and there's a metal bracket behind it some remove. There's several threads on it here and videos on YouTube.

It’s really simple and isn’t noticeable at all so don’t get a smaller tire.
IMG_8111.jpeg
IMG_8113.jpeg

Most Reactions

Back