What's new

Running Boards Help…

NorCal

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

Looking to get some advice about running boards. My main goal with the running boards are to keep them high and tight to the body so they dont take away from the lifted appearance. I was looking at automatic running boards but then started hearing from other sources that they end up having problems.

My questions to you guys are…. Are automatic running boards worth the hefty price tag? And… what bolt on boards would you recommend that sit high and tight to the body of the truck if not automatic?

Go Rhino RB20s run high and tight. Thats what I'm running on my TB.
IMG_2657.jpeg

You can see other options on this thread as well.

I'm also looking... don't want the "tubular" ones. Wanting something different. What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-210042_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210708-210042_Chrome.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20210708-210014_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210708-210014_Chrome.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 104
I'm also looking... don't want the "tubular" ones. Wanting something different. What do you think?
I have those. They look like the Go Rhino Dominator D6. If your going to 4wheel your truck they are the ones to get. The bottom is a true rock slider. They work. They have saved my rocker panels several times. The bottom is all beat up but you can't tell by looking at the top. With that said, the guys and gals that keep their trucks showroom clean don't like them. They hold dirt and take a little extra cleaning. They are the most important mod I put on my truck.

Steve

Hey Gang,

Looking to get some advice about running boards. My main goal with the running boards are to keep them high and tight to the body so they dont take away from the lifted appearance. I was looking at automatic running boards but then started hearing from other sources that they end up having problems.

My questions to you guys are…. Are automatic running boards worth the hefty price tag? And… what bolt on boards would you recommend that sit high and tight to the body of the truck if not automatic?
NorCal, my problem with aotomatics is they are fragile. If you ever come down on a rock or breakover you smash them and loose the investment. It is all personal preference and how you use your truck. They are great for people that need a good step up and then out of the way.

Steve

Go Rhino RB20s run high and tight. Thats what I'm running on my TB.View attachment 1441
Wheels and tires you’re running??

Go Rhino RB20s run high and tight. Thats what I'm running on my TB.View attachment 1441
Did you go powder coat or Bedliner material?

Thanks for the response. Love the look. Are you lifted? Or does the offset give you the ability to run 35’s?
Yes lifted with a 2" Readylift SST kit with mudflap bracket removed and minor trimming of the mudflaps. Don't think it is possible to run 35s without a lift. With the GoRhino RB20s being so high and tight it took a few days for myself and my kids to get used to getting into truck after the lift, my kids said I make more "ugh" sounds 😂

Yes lifted with a 2" Readylift SST kit with mudflap bracket removed and minor trimming of the mudflaps. Don't think it is possible to run 35s without a lift. With the GoRhino RB20s being so high and tight it took a few days for myself and my kids to get used to getting into truck after the lift, my kids said I make more "ugh" sounds 😂
Ah gotcha. I’m running the RB20’s myself (love them) and yeah I figured a small lift might be necessary just needed to confirm. And can’t wait to be grunting getting in and out haha

Most Reactions

Back