What's new

Seat Riser for Custom Trail Boss !! :) Finally

wazupwazid

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I did a factory purchase for a 2021 Custom Trail Boss here in Canada and love the truck in every way except for dumb Engineering folks at GM could not include a manual seat lift.
So being only 5'7 in height the driver seat is low and I like to see the entire hood when driving. I did think about using a cushion but I searched the web and found a great upgrade for this particular issue from website / company - https://seating-solutions.com/ .
Also they have included a very detailed video on how to install it which is great, https://youtu.be/jvftH79Nq2k .
So took the leap of faith and made the purchase via there Ebay store ( https://www.ebay.ca/str/seatingsolutions ) The price is high but I can see why, the build quality looks great and they use 18 gauge steel.
So if you are short like me this can solve all your problems , Oh ya They also sell seat risers for the passenager side as well.

Hey everyone,

So I did a factory purchase for a 2021 Custom Trail Boss here in Canada and love the truck in every way except for dumb Engineering folks at GM could not include a manual seat lift.
So being only 5'7 in height the driver seat is low and I like to see the entire hood when driving. I did think about using a cushion but I searched the web and found a great upgrade for this particular issue from website / company - https://seating-solutions.com/ .
Also they have included a very detailed video on how to install it which is great, https://youtu.be/jvftH79Nq2k .
So took the leap of faith and made the purchase via there Ebay store ( https://www.ebay.ca/str/seatingsolutions ) The price is high but I can see why, the build quality looks great and they use 18 gauge steel.
So if you are short like me this can solve all your problems , Oh ya They also sell seat risers for the passenager side as well.
I purchased the driver and passenger riser today. I called to verify that it would work on my 2021 Trail Boss LT. Was it a high enough rise for you?

I presume it will be as I found a youtube video with a guy saying he was 5'6 and he was able to see over is hood. Im 5'7 so I just took the leap of faith and bought it. Again thou I did not mind as when I saw the install video and the quality I was sold. When I get mine I will post a pic of it. I think thou based on what I saw it will work out just well.

I purchased the driver and passenger riser today. I called to verify that it would work on my 2021 Trail Boss LT. Was it a high enough rise for you?
Your seats can be adjusted up and down right? Do they not go high enough for you.? I am only asking because I am curious.

On the 2021 Custom Trail Boss there is no height adjustments at all. You can only slid the seat forward/backward. If you want that option you have to move up to the LT which I did want to. I even ask the dealer if there was an option or upgrade that they can do to make the driver seat change its height and was told no as per GM. It sucks that GM could not just put a old fashion manual height adjuster for the driver seat . Oh well its either I pay $200.00 or another $11,000 lol lol. Plus I wanted really a basic truck with no bells and whistles cause I want this thing to last for years.

I know all that. I have a custom as well. Redroger has an LT hence my question as to why he would be looking into this modification.

Your seats can be adjusted up and down right? Do they not go high enough for you.? I am only asking because I am curious.
Hi Remanaz. I'm feeling really stupid right now. I didn't think my seat adjusted up. It does. At the risk of doubling down on my stupidity, am I correct in saying that it is only the drivers seat that is upward adjustable? Thanks.

No need to feel stupid and sorry if my post caused that feeling. That was certainly not my intensions.

I am not sure about the passenger seat. Does the seat in yours have a single large lever on the side or does it have multiple levers or buttons? If it has a single large lever than I would think it is like my customs seats that do not adjust up and down.

No need to feel stupid and sorry if my post caused that feeling. That was certainly not my intensions.

I am not sure about the passenger seat. Does the seat in yours have a single large lever on the side or does it have multiple levers or buttons? If it has a single large lever than I would think it is like my customs seats that do not adjust up and down.
Hey ,
The passenger seat as well is like the driver seat, GM was too cheap to even put a height adjuster lever on that one too lol lol. Again this is on the Custom Trail Boss not the LT Trail Boss. If you want seat height adjustment you have to move upto the LT Trail Boss.

I am not sure about the passenger seat. Does the seat in yours have a single large lever on the side or does it have multiple levers or buttons? If it has a single large lever than I would think it is like my customs seats that do not adjust up and down
You’re fine. I’m usually joking around when I talk/text. It’s hard to tell with text sometimes. Yeah, my passenger seat doesn’t raise up.

You’re fine. I’m usually joking around when I talk/text. It’s hard to tell with text sometimes. Yeah, my passenger seat doesn’t raise up.
Cool :)! So are your seats cloth or leather? Are they the 60/40/60 bench or the buckets with a fixed center console?

2021 LT here, leather trim. Driver seat is fully adjustable up/down and other ways. Passenger seat is full manual and only forward and back adjustable with the standard pull bar in front of seat. Strange part is it seems to be mounted way lower than driver seat no matter what. Passenger seat needs a lift.

I really wanted the 60/40/60 split to add a 6th person at times. Dealer said you can not even order it in the LT. It is only available in the custom.

Most Reactions

Back