What's new

SEEK OUTSIDE TIPI OR WALL TENT OR???

Brutal_HO

Reaction score
So we need to add some flexibility to our family camping and hunting options. Right now I have an old camp trailer we hunt out of it works well and is really nice but very small. It is good for anytime we are going to be set up for several days and the weather is nice. I am looking for something that will give us more mobility and still good comfort. I have a family of 4. At one point we had a wall tent but it was heavy and bulky. Very comfortable and worked great.
I have looked at the seek outside 12 man tipi and like the weight and ease of set up etc. However not sure it is big enough for a family of 4 with gears etc. I also have looked at the tipi tent from Pomoly. While they look nice there seems to be many stories about excessive condensations that can only be solved by opening vents, when vents get opened the stove is pointless and etc...
I should also point out that we jeep a lot and have spent the last 8 years in a cheap coleman tent. but with bigger kids, we do not have the ability to all cram into a jack and jill sleeping bag. Also it does not do well on late October early November hunts.

I am stuck between the comfort and size of the wall tent and the convience of a smaller tent. Maybe I just go with a wall tent and build a trailer to tow behind the jeep? Also as my kids grow we have planned a couple back packing trips as a family....

Last edited:
Depending on your budget, an offroad camper might work for you

Right now, we use a bed tent on our bedrack. But I'm getting to the point where climbing ladders in my 30s is not ideal, maybe it's the old soul in me

Check out the HQ12

Most Reactions

Back