What's new

Service Parking Brake

Peach1303

Reaction score
Been having an issue with “Service Parking Brake” coming on randomly…been noticing it occurs more often when it’s wet out. It used to have the service engine soon light pop on as well, but after I replaced my hood switch sensor it doesn’t come up as service engine soon anymore. It’s just the P with a wrench and a message on the DIC. I’ve seen others say that it’s a lifter issue but mine doesn’t come up with the “ESC” like the ones with the lifter issues does. Does anyone have a fix to this? My dealership wanted to replace stuff last year that was going to cost $1600 and said that it “might be” the fix for the issue. Thoughts?

Been having an issue with “Service Parking Brake” coming on randomly…been noticing it occurs more often when it’s wet out. It used to have the service engine soon light pop on as well, but after I replaced my hood switch sensor it doesn’t come up as service engine soon anymore. It’s just the P with a wrench and a message on the DIC. I’ve seen others say that it’s a lifter issue but mine doesn’t come up with the “ESC” like the ones with the lifter issues does. Does anyone have a fix to this? My dealership wanted to replace stuff last year that was going to cost $1600 and said that it “might be” the fix for the issue. Thoughts?
Is it not under warranty anymore? Also, is the parking brake physically having issues, or is it just the light? Just curious.

It’s a 2019…they said it doesn’t fall under the Powertrain warranty. When the parking brake engages, it is really noisy, but it will engage/release fine, other than the noise. It’s just the light.

It’s a 2019…they said it doesn’t fall under the Powertrain warranty. When the parking brake engages, it is really noisy, but it will engage/release fine, other than the noise. It’s just the light.
Interesting. I am not too sure on that. Maybe try getting a quote at a mechanic that isn't a dealership. Sorry I'm not more help!

Most Reactions

Back