What's new

Shopping for a Trail Boss

squatchfather

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a TB when I head to Florida on leave end of this month. I'm hung up on whether to get a custom or LT, I'd appreciate any feedback you guys could give. Also I'm wondering what I can expect to pay at the dealer. Thanks

Tough to get a good deal right now. Everything is selling quick.

Hopefully you can get some money off MSRP, plus the rebate.

I just bought a used 2021 custom trail boss with 1,100 miles on it from a Chevy dealer an out the door it was 46k

I just bought a used 2021 custom trail boss with 1,100 miles on it from a Chevy dealer an out the door it was 46k
Yikes. I bought a crew cab standard bed custom in december brand new, employee pricing month, 39,700

In Canada its like next to impossable to find a 5.3 CrewCab with a 6.5 FT bed in Cherry Red. All the dealerships sell out before the truck even lands on the dealer lots. Two weeks back I just placed a custom order for my TB 5.3 with out AFM (L82) CrewCab with a 6.5 FT bed in Cherry Red with sprayin liner, tonneau cover ( Tri Fold hard) and storeage under back seat and inseat storeage in back. I will call the dealer tomorrow to find out if the order has actually been processed or not at the plant. I was told it will take any were from 10 to 12 weeks to get it. I hope since I live in Canada the truck will be made in the Flint plant which is closer to me in Canada rather than Mexico. This truck in Canada out the door with tax and everything is like 56K which is cheap, again CA $$'s. I wish our prices were like your in the US.

In Canada its like next to impossable to find a 5.3 CrewCab with a 6.5 FT bed in Cherry Red. All the dealerships sell out before the truck even lands on the dealer lots. Two weeks back I just placed a custom order for my TB 5.3 with out AFM (L82) CrewCab with a 6.5 FT bed in Cherry Red with sprayin liner, tonneau cover ( Tri Fold hard) and storeage under back seat and inseat storeage in back. I will call the dealer tomorrow to find out if the order has actually been processed or not at the plant. I was told it will take any were from 10 to 12 weeks to get it. I hope since I live in Canada the truck will be made in the Flint plant which is closer to me in Canada rather than Mexico. This truck in Canada out the door with tax and everything is like 56K which is cheap, again CA $$'s. I wish our prices were like your in the US.
Took me 40 days to find one, checking all over washington, idaho and western montana. I wanted a custom trail boss and had 3 requirements. Crew cab, 6.5ft bed, and NOT red. After a month or so i removed the not-red from my requirements. Ended up with a shadow metallic grey. Like you said, everything was getting snagged before hitting the lots. I had to buy mine sight unseen, in transit myself.

Agreed....December must have been the last good month. My 6.2 Custom TB was 41k with employee pricing.
I bought my LT Trail Boss in early April for nearly $8K off MSRP. I bought it in transit sight unseen and took delivery April 9. I think I got the last of the good deals.

I'm planning on buying a TB when I head to Florida on leave end of this month. I'm hung up on whether to get a custom or LT, I'd appreciate any feedback you guys could give. Also I'm wondering what I can expect to pay at the dealer. Thanks
If you get the Custom, you are probably only going to have a 6 speed with the 5.3 engine since the 6.2 Custom is rare now. The LT Tail Boss 5.3 has a 10 speed. All 6.2s are 10 speeds but are rare now in WT trim.

Here is my new TB. Fully loaded with 6.2, performance package, and sunroof. Sticker was $63k. Other than the $3k rebate and a generous trade in, there wasn’t much negotiating. See my other thread I just posted for more details, but my dealer got three of these in yesterday morning and they were all sold within two hours.
5E54B858-812F-44FF-B914-32155DEEFAE3.jpeg

Most Reactions

Back