What's new

Stillen TruPower air scoop + Roto Fab intake

Jlorenzo125

Reaction score
Installed a Stillen TruPower air scoop and a Rotofab intake. I got them off a member from Trailboss page on Facebook. Throttle response is definitely greatly improved at low rpms. Acceleration feels like it's been opened up a lot. I l love it So far.

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_190727_908.jpg
    IMG_20210408_190727_908.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 332
Was there much difference with just the Rotofab intake or did you install together with the air scoop? I did not know there was an air scoop available until I saw yours. Is it just as easy to install as the cold air intake? I just installed a Cold Air Inductions intake on my 6.2L. It just feels more responsive as I enjoy the intake and exhaust notes with the dealer installed Cat Back exhaust.

Was there much difference with just the Rotofab intake or did you install together with the air scoop? I did not know there was an air scoop available until I saw yours. Is it just as easy to install as the cold air intake? I just installed a Cold Air Inductions intake on my 6.2L. It just feels more responsive as I enjoy the intake and exhaust notes with the dealer installed Cat Back exhaust.
My 5.3 does feel way more responsive at lower rpms for sure. I don't FEEL a difference with the air scoop added to the intake to be honest. I got both for great price off a guy selling out parts, so i jumped on both. the air scoop is extremely simple to install 5mins tops, it replaces the factory cowl on top with the same original clips. The air scoop does ''feed'' air directly into the intake tubing, so it probably does help the rotofab breathe colder air from the outside. ill take a pic from the outside front grill and post it up later to show how it catches the air.

View of the scoop through the grill

Attachments

• 20210418_101452.jpg
    20210418_101452.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 20210418_101504.jpg
    20210418_101504.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 239
Installed a Stillen TruPower air scoop and a Rotofab intake. I got them off a member from Trailboss page on Facebook. Throttle response is definitely greatly improved at low rpms. Acceleration feels like it's been opened up a lot. I l love it So far.
Any updates to performance/mileage/cooling after running the scoop for a while now?

Any updates to performance/mileage/cooling after running the scoop for a while now?
Still riding good no issues, Idk about mileage gains/losses I don't keep track of it at all. I just know it takes like $60?+ to fill up lol

With the factory air box, there are holes in the bottom for water to drain out. I don't know about the RotoFab. I have the scoop with the stock box and an AEM filter. About a month ago, I put the K&N intake tube on that uses the stock box to get rid of the silencer. I didn't notice any extra noise, but I chopped the muffler off and put a Magnaflow straight pipe in it's place 3 days after I bought it.

Love my truck with the SB cold air intake and straight pipe.. Sounds amazing.. The pulsar with throttle response set at 5 and tow haul mode makes this truck fun to drive…

Love my truck with the SB cold air intake and straight pipe.. Sounds amazing.. The pulsar with throttle response set at 5 and tow haul mode makes this truck fun to drive…
Not to hi-jack this thread - but you mention tow haul mode (presumably for 'spirited' driving). How would you compare that to the sport mode?

Those of us refresh owners with the duratracs got shorted sport mode. Also, can't get the pulsar (likely yet) - but it appears we can get this ultimate9 evcX, which would probably work the same as far as throttle controller: https://www.ultimate9.co/au/our-ran...suit-chevrolet-silverado-2019-on-4th-gen.html

Most Reactions

Back