What's new

Stock Duratracs- Done at 30k miles?

How many miles before replacing Wrangler Duratracs?

• 30k or less

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • more than 30k

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

NixonTB

Reaction score
Winter is coming. My stock Duratracs are not looking up to the challenge of driving in some snowy conditions. According to the penny test, I might have a little life left in them, but they are not passing the eyeball test sitting with 30k miles. After much research, including in this forum, I have decided to replace with Falken Wildpeak AT3W.

Was curious to see typical mileage other TB owners are getting out of their OE Duratracs

2019 LT Trailboss

Winter is coming. My stock Duratracs are not looking up to the challenge of driving in some snowy conditions. According to the penny test, I might have a little life left in them, but they are not passing the eyeball test sitting with 30k miles. After much research, including in this forum, I have decided to replace with Falken Wildpeak AT3W.

Was curious to see typical mileage other TB owners are getting out of their OE Duratracs

2019 LT Trailboss
I’m at 38k and am going to push through the winter. They’ve worn terribly and are incredibly loud. Louder than my 35” cooper stt pro’s on my lifted duramax.

Im at 35k and recently had to get an alignment and rotate all of my tires inside to outside if that makes sense. Basically put the white letters out (if they had white letters).

I will be changing them out for good in spring, but I dont think I will get 38k out of them.

2019 LT Trailboss
Wildpeaks have been on for a few days. Much better. The road noise between 50-60mph with the Duratracs was stupid...can't believe I tolerated it for so long

Wildpeaks have been on for a few days. Much better. The road noise between 50-60mph with the Duratracs was stupid...can't believe I tolerated it for so long
Man, that harmonic noise from these Duratracs is utterly maddening. I'm having the exact same issue at 50-60mph... So I'll be switching mine out as soon as i figure what I'm replacing them with. It sucks that they only have 20k miles on them, but that crap is driving me nuts and I've run nothing but mudder types of tires on my other trucks/jeeps.

There's a reason the General used them...$$$ (cheap). Notice they're now on the lower end of the name brand price scale? Probably because most customers never buy more than one set...lol.
I'm at 22k now, voted over 30k as treadwear overall isn't bad. They're still between 1/2 and 3/4 treadlife left.
I'm getting them siped here real soon and they'll be even better in the snow than they always are. And then try to milk them out to next fall, but currently running about 1000mi per week, so I may get sick of them much sooner than that!
But yeah, they are noisy ill-wearing tires. Great traction, but that's where the compliments stop, lol.
Have rotated mine F to R once and Just rotated them back F to R. Front inside treadblocks are feathering or cupping more than they should.
The last set I had (a dozen years ago) I attributed the poor wear characteristics and road noise mostly to my driving conditions, which would wear the outside of tires down first. (60 mi of mountain canyon driving at highway speeds, daily)
These ones are wearing front inside treads, almost like the front end has neg camber (it doesn't).
I know how to rotate my tires and can get even wear, consistently, even on a solid axle rig with mudders and I know what to look for and how to correct most all different tire wear scenarios. But not these things.

I got rid of the Duratracs at 500mi while they still had some value. Sold them and got 295 70 18 Toyo Open Country AT lll.
The ride improved and way less noisy.

38,000 miles and still have plenty of meat on mine. Rotate every 5k. Absolutely HATE the whine right at 58 mph. Faster or slower, it goes away but man its loud. Won't be going back to these when it's new tire time for sure.

Tires cupped on my vehicle as well. Is it a tire issue or design of the truck? You would think Chevrolet would get this fixed. All trail boss owners should start a class action lawsuit.

Put on 35" Toyos at 42k miles and wish I would have done it earlier. It was crazy to drive and not here the tire vibration between 52-59 mph droning out the music and everyone taling :D:D:D:D:D

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back