What's new

Stock tires "cupping"

rtblake

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

I have a 2019 LT TrailBoss and the stock tires are cupping. I've done all the usual checks (front end alignment, monitor tire pressure) but the damage is done. Is anyone else having this issue?
The dealers service tech admitted to me this isn't unusual with the factory Good Year Wranglers.

Any recommendation for a replacement tire? I love the aggressive look, but I do drive on the highway a lot so I need to compromise.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed.

I have a 2019 LT TrailBoss and the stock tires are cupping. I've done all the usual checks (front end alignment, monitor tire pressure) but the damage is done. Is anyone else having this issue?
The dealers service tech admitted to me this isn't unusual with the factory Good Year Wranglers.

Any recommendation for a replacement tire? I love the aggressive look, but I do drive on the highway a lot so I need to compromise.

Falken WIldpeak AT3

Have had 5 sets on all vehicles up to 315/70/17

Current tire on my '20 4runner. Will be first tire replacement on my Trailboss

How many miles do you have on them? How many miles between rotations? Cupping is usually preventable with frequent rotations.

How many miles do you have on them? How many miles between rotations? Cupping is usually preventable with frequent rotations.
I have 31,000 miles on the tires. The issue began around 22,000. The tires are rotated at the dealer every oil change. I believe I'm following the recommendations

I had he same issue and it got really loud. Rotated tires with each oil change. All I can think is I got out of alignment early on and didn’t catch it early enough. I have new tires now and alignment and will keep a close eye on it. I went with 33” ridge grapplers.

I wonder if these tires need to be rotated sooner than later? The owners manual states to rotate at 7500 miles. It does not seem to offer any different mileage setpoints for different tire combos.

I only have 23xx miles on mine so far. It looks like I am on pace to need my oil change around 58xx miles. I drive 95% city. This typically results in more frequent oil changes. At least it did on my Chevy HHR. I would only get 3k (percentage based algorithm like our trucks) between oil changes on that car so this is an improvement. On that car I rotated the tires every other oil change as that put me around 6k.

For both of you, how many miles are you at when you get your oil change and tires rotated?

Most Reactions

Back