What's new

Strange issue after remote start in the morning

ShayStarnes1969

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and also a new owner of a 2021 Trail Boss 5.3. Just bought it 2 weeks ago with only 13k miles and love it so far. This is my 1st Chevy truck and I traded a 2013 F150 Lariat for the Trail Boss.

This morning when I remote started the truck and let it run about 5 mins, I got in pressed the brake pedal and pressed the start button. The gauges booted up as normal but there was a traction control light and park brake light that stayed on, along with a service ESC light. I turned the truck off and restarted it and everything came back on as normal and the truck ran perfectly normal. This has happened twice now and the truck ran normal after each restart.

Any ideas on what may be causing this to happen would be greatly appreciated.

I will get pics up of my truck this weekend.

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this forum and also a new owner of a 2021 Trail Boss 5.3. Just bought it 2 weeks ago with only 13k miles and love it so far. This is my 1st Chevy truck and I traded a 2013 F150 Lariat for the Trail Boss.

This morning when I remote started the truck and let it run about 5 mins, I got in pressed the brake pedal and pressed the start button. The gauges booted up as normal but there was a traction control light and park brake light that stayed on, along with a service ESC light. I turned the truck off and restarted it and everything came back on as normal and the truck ran perfectly normal. This has happened twice now and the truck ran normal after each restart.

This has happened to me and many others with these trucks. It’s damn near impossible to replicate for the dealership service technicians too. Try to get a video when it happens and show them, that’s what I did. They said it was a wiring harness that was frayed, but who really knows since most of these so-called techs don’t seem very reliable or trustworthy in my experience.

This has happened to me and many others with these trucks. It’s damn near impossible to replicate for the dealership service technicians too. Try to get a video when it happens and show them, that’s what I did. They said it was a wiring harness that was frayed, but who really knows since most of these so-called techs don’t seem very reliable or trustworthy in my experience.
Did the dealership replace the wiring harness and did it fix the issue?

Last edited:
Frayed wiring harness in one of these new trucks? That is extremely unlikely.

" ... don't seem very reliable or trustworthy ... " in MY experience, as well. My local GM/Buick/Cadillac dealer is Outstanding in every way. Both of the Chevrolet dealers near me treat me like a criminal.

Thats the same lights that came on when I had lifter failure.

Thats the same lights that came on when I had lifter failure.
That’s not reassuring at all… did your engine sound off or anything afterwards? I’ve got my original lifters still but don’t know what to listen for exactly.

That’s not reassuring at all… did your engine sound off or anything afterwards? I’ve got my original lifters still but don’t know what to listen for exactly.
The engine made a pinging noise.

Just had This happen again while I was driving and I pulled into advance auto and had them scan for a code. Code was P0305 misfire on cylinder 5. I guess I get to join the lifter issue club now. Fortunately it’s under warranty still.

Just had This happen again while I was driving and I pulled into advance auto and had them scan for a code. Code was P0305 misfire on cylinder 5. I guess I get to join the lifter issue club now. Fortunately it’s under warranty still.
Yep sounds like it. Sorry bud. But on the bright side I haven't any more issues since it's been fixed. I've also bought the Pulsar LT that can disable the DFM ( Dynamic Fuel Management). Some say that isn't the cause if the lifter failure but it didn't hurt to turn the DFM of.

Fortunately mine does not have DFM but has AFM. Still doesn’t change the fact that there is an issue. However I am glad to hear that you haven’t had any further issues since yours was repaired.

Fortunately mine does not have DFM but has AFM. Still doesn’t change the fact that there is an issue. However I am glad to hear that you haven’t had any further issues since yours was repaired.
Don't all Trail Bosses have DFM, not AFM? Except for the ones that had DFM deleted due to chip shortages.

Is yours an E85 model 5.3?

Last edited:
Yes but there was a chip shortage so all I got stuck with is AFM.

Attachments

• 99713BD9-0945-4CD0-BB56-5C6393E86683.jpeg
    99713BD9-0945-4CD0-BB56-5C6393E86683.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 7

Most Reactions

Back