What's new

Take 2

Bear76

Reaction score
Lost the ‘24 TB 3.0 last Monday. Little old lady blew through a red, totaled the truck. I walked away with some bruised ribs and a decently burned forearm from the airbag. Knocked me 37 ft down the road and spun the truck 180*.

Safety rating from this guy: wicked safe bub!
So many airbags on this rig.

Pro tip: have a knife on you! I had to cut through the curtain airbags to get to door handle to exit the vehicle.

Was able to secure a replacement ‘24 yesterday! She’s a beaut! Time to start the break in period(again).

Attachments

• IMG_5647.jpeg
    IMG_5647.jpeg
    396.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5693.jpeg
    IMG_5693.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 50
Lost the ‘24 TB 3.0 last Monday. Little old lady blew through a red, totaled the truck. I walked away with some bruised ribs and a decently burned forearm from the airbag. Knocked me 37 ft down the road and spun the truck 180*.

Safety rating from this guy: wicked safe bub!
So many airbags on this rig.

Pro tip: have a knife on you! I had to cut through the curtain airbags to get to door handle to exit the vehicle.

Was able to secure a replacement ‘24 yesterday! She’s a beaut! Time to start the break in period(again).
First of all glad to hear your injuries were not severe. The impact appears brutal! I’ll second the need for a knife on board.
Digging that new red beauty!

I’m sorry you had to go through that but glad there is a silver lining. The new color looks clean!

Damn! That sucks. Glad to hear you weren't beaten up too badly and was able to walk away. What was she driving? I think that's a Buick Enclave on the sidewalk in left of your 1st picture, so I'm assuming it's that.

Like everyone else, glad it wasn't worse. I do like the color!

Damn! That sucks. Glad to hear you weren't beaten up too badly and was able to walk away. What was she driving? I think that's a Buick Enclave on the sidewalk in left of your 1st picture, so I'm assuming it's that.
Yup. Enclave. Not a small ride in its own right. Those things are stout! She hit me so hard that when I spun around the ass end ended up tagging her too. She proceeded to take out a light out before she finally came to a rest 🙄

Yup. Enclave. Not a small ride in its own right. Those things are stout! She hit me so hard that when I spun around the ass end ended up tagging her too. She proceeded to take out a light out before she finally came to a rest 🙄
Those Enclaves are big. My wife has the Chevy variant. I'm actually a big surprised it totaled your truck without wrinkling the Enclave. Got any other pics of the damage to your truck and her car?

Glad to hear you were able to walk away! Also that you were able to secure a new ride. Glad it wasn’t worse!

Most Reactions

Back