What's new

Tire noise dose anyone else notice this

AKA Duratracs. Its pretty common, just watch the wear, rotate regularly, check your alignment as needed.

Cross rotate these tires seems to help wear and noise levels. If your tires are noisy now doing a full front and rear cross rotation should get rid of the noise. During normal rotations you can try just crossing the fronts when moving them to the rear then bring the rears forward. If you find the noise levels comes back much sooner than desired, then full cross rotation may be what is needed for every rotation. Also 3k to 5k intervals will be much better than what the manual states. The manual seems to say the same for all Silverado's regardless of factory tire types.

Last edited:
Same. I made a post about this a while back. I’m at 40k with plenty of tread left. I’m use to a hum but from 50-60 mph it’s rather hostile. Performed regular 5k rotation intervals and a re alignment at 35k. No change after the alignment. These tires are less than mediocre.

I do my own tire rotations because I don’t trust the tire guys to properly tighten/torque the lugs. I also have spacers so I check those too.
Im in my late 50s and gota admit truck tires/wheels are HEAVY🤣

I also have a 2500 with the hankook mud terrain.. worse than my daughter TB for sure.. but I’ll never get stuck!

I also have a 2500 with the hankook mud terrain.. worse than my daughter TB for sure.. but I’ll never get stu

I also have a 2500 with the hankook mud terrain.. worse than my daughter TB for sure.. but I’ll never get stuck!
Never get stuck? Where the mall? Just kidding, but saying you will never get stuck is a pretty open ended statement.

Same. I made a post about this a while back. I’m at 40k with plenty of tread left. I’m use to a hum but from 50-60 mph it’s rather hostile. Performed regular 5k rotation intervals and a re alignment at 35k. No change after the alignment. These tires are less than mediocre.
Same here, 50-60 is the worse. Will try the rotation to see if it helps, but planning on switching tire brands once these wear out.

Same here, 50-60 is the worse. Will try the rotation to see if it helps, but planning on switching tire brands once these wear out.
Look for uneven wear on the inner lugs. I was able to get an alignment and swap the tires from inside to outside on the wheel to save mine. I wasnt about to change them early and leave meat on the bone. Good luck.

I have the same problem. Rotating takes it out for a while and then it comes back. Have had this happen with some tire brands in the past. Don't want to change them out early so we just laugh about the noise as we go down the road.

Got rid of those noisey wranglers and put on some Falken wildpeak 295/70/18 no noise no rubbing with 1.5 RC leveling kit

Got rid of those noisey wranglers and put on some Falken wildpeak 295/70/18 no noise no rubbing with 1.5 RC leveling kit
I wanted the Falkens but they were not available when I did my lift

Yeah, I've got tire hum. Not nearly like in my 2016 Canyon All Terrain, but none the less it's a more aggressive tire on these and more weight per square inch, so yeah, a bit of road noise.

Last edited:
Glad to see I am not alone on this. My 2022 has the 20 inch package with the Goodyear Wrangler Territory MTs and holy hell. I thought my front wheel bearing were bad with how much of a hum I heard and how much vibration I fee in the wheel between 15 and 30 mph. Everything settles down over 55 but I was really not expecting it.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back