What's new

Tire Recommendation

Scrag75

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations between the following tires. I am not happy with the duratracs as they are getting louder by the day (17k mileage) and looking to replace them. Due to this I am looking for a good AT tire that will have better road manners as most of my driving is city/highway. I do go up to the mountains so looking to maintain an AT tire. I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight on the following tires and which one is the quietest of the bunch. I am looking at the following four tires, BFG KO2, Nitto G2, Cooper AT3, Falken AT3W. Anyone have experience with any of these?

Brando

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations between the following tires. I am not happy with the duratracs as they are getting louder by the day (17k mileage) and looking to replace them. Due to this I am looking for a good AT tire that will have better road manners as most of my driving is city/highway. I do go up to the mountains so looking to maintain an AT tire. I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight on the following tires and which one is the quietest of the bunch. I am looking at the following four tires, BFG KO2, Nitto G2, Cooper AT3, Falken AT3W. Anyone have experience with any of these?
I have run Nitto G2 and Cooper AT3s on previous trucks. I doubt you will be disappointed in either. The BFGs and Falkens also get good reviews

teamfreddy

Reaction score
I just put some BFG K02 35x12x18 on my TB this weekend and the difference in road noise is night and day, The BFGs are so quiet. The other tire I considered was the Falken Wildpeak 295/70/18 but local availability and not willing to wait forced be to go BFG. Super happy with them. :)

Fireman489

Reaction score
I just put some BFG K02 35x12x18 on my TB this weekend and the difference in road noise is night and day, The BFGs are so quiet. The other tire I considered was the Falken Wildpeak 295/70/18 but local availability and not willing to wait forced be to go BFG. Super happy with them. :)
Did you lift/trim? And If so what lift?

teamfreddy

Reaction score
Did you lift/trim? And If so what lift?
I haven’t trimmed yet but might do a little trimming of the inner mud flap If I don’t end up lifiting it.

Attachments

• 8B9B8B01-7C97-4BD3-85E6-8B4BF2A21A92.jpeg
    8B9B8B01-7C97-4BD3-85E6-8B4BF2A21A92.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Baz

Fireman489

Reaction score
I haven’t trimmed yet but might do a little trimming of the inner mud flap If I don’t end up lifiting it.
Nice! Holla with what you end up doing. I'm contemplating the same set up!

teamfreddy

Reaction score
Nice! Holla with what you end up doing. I'm contemplating the same set up!
I am on the fence of goin SST or a true 6” lift but still unsure. I ran into a guy who was running the same BGF with the SST kit and no spacers which convinced me to get the BFG last week. I ordered the SST kit but haven’t picked it up as i debate on what to do.

The week before that i saw a TB with a 6” lift and the want was bad.

At the moment i think i wont take any action as far as trimming as i think it may only be an issue in a hard/tight parking situation. I will likely wait until i install a kit before i cut anything.