What's new

Tire Size with Rough Country 1.5 Level Kit

FIREMANBRI

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I apologize in advance for the same question so many ask regarding tire size. I am new to forum and this is my first post.

I have had my 22 Trail Boss for a few weeks now and so far have done just a few Mods. Amp steps, tint, interior replacement of dash kit and 1.5 inch RC level kit. I love the truck and it looks great. I had a 1.5 inch RC Level kit put on the other day. The shop said I should have no problem running a 295/70/18 on the truck with no trimming. When i went to the tire store, they said I will rub for sure and they will have to do some trimming. This has been stressing me out because now I have the extra clearance from top to bottom and not happy with the way it looks. I do not go off roading but will use the 4x4 often as I have a cabin just outside Mammoth, Ca, so hunting and fishing is my passion. Anyways just looking for some thoughts and advice. My wife says I am going crazy because I have become so neurotic with the tire situation. This forum is great and I am very impressed with the handiness all you have.

I have the same size tires and about the same lift. I had no “rubbing” at all until I added 1.5in wheel spacers.
If you rub at all, you just need to trim the front mud flaps and pull in the wheel well liners. Not a big deal👍

I have the same size tires and about the same lift. I had no “rubbing” at all until I added 1.5in wheel spacers.
If you rub at all, you just need to trim the front mud flaps and pull in the wheel well liners. Not a big deal👍
Thanks JMZVET
I really appreciate your response. Puts my mind at ease, so thank you. I hear about guys talking about spacers. Is that used mostly if they want to run a wider tire so it doesn't rub on the inside?

Thanks JMZVET
I really appreciate your response. Puts my mind at ease, so thank you. I hear about guys talking about spacers. Is that used mostly if they want to run a wider tire so it doesn't rub on the inside?
Also the amber lights and the light bar in the grill look outstanding. Thats my next purchase after the new tires

I can confirm, I am running the same tire size on stock wheels, only after adding spacers did rubbing become an issue, corrected by some mud-flap trimming. Sometimes spacers are needed to run aftermarket wheels, others it's more cosmetic when running stock wheels, though they do move wider tires away from the upper control arm in some situations

I can confirm, I am running the same tire size on stock wheels, only after adding spacers did rubbing become an issue, corrected by some mud-flap trimming. Sometimes spacers are needed to run aftermarket wheels, others it's more cosmetic when running stock wheels, though they do move wider tires away from the upper control arm in some situations

Thanks Brando for your help. Tomorrow the tire shop is going to try the 295, I'm hoping it works with no rubbing. Im not going to run a wider tire, just higher. I was reading some past post and some members said they had to remove the mudflap completely to fit the 295/70/18 so who knows?

Thanks JMZVET
The spacers are only to widen the stance and provide more clearance for aftermarket UCAs. The spacers actually make the rubbing problem worse.

The spacers are only to widen the stance and provide more clearance for aftermarket UCAs. The spacers actually make the rubbing problem worse.
Thank you for the help, i appreciate it. I will let you guys know tomorrow but like you said with the 1.75 level hopefully the 295 will work just fine. The tire store offered a discount for my current tires which I know is well below what I can sell them for on Craigslist etc.. but to save the money now seems better. I kind of think I did things backwards with the AMP steps because that set me back about 1600 after install. I'm a woodworking guy, when it comes to truck alters i definitely need help.

Thank you for the help, i appreciate it. I will let you guys know tomorrow but like you said with the 1.75 level hopefully the 295 will work just fine. The tire store offered a discount for my current tires which I know is well below what I can sell them for on Craigslist etc.. but to save the money now seems better. I kind of think I did things backwards with the AMP steps because that set me back about 1600 after install. I'm a woodworking guy, when it comes to truck alters i definitely need help.
What size tire did you end up with?

Went with the Toyo open country 295/70/18. Looks great. No rubbing, no trimming. He said I might run slightly on full turn and hit a pothole etc. The guy at the tire shop said "well i was wrong and Im glad you did your research". Thanks to everyone I was able to go with the size and tire I wanted

Went with the Toyo open country 295/70/18. Looks great. No rubbing, no trimming. He said I might run slightly on full turn and hit a pothole etc. The guy at the tire shop said "well i was wrong and Im glad you did your research". Thanks to everyone I was able to go with the size and tire I wanted
Are you able to share some pictures? Glad it all worked out!

Thanks bud. I will absolutely post some pics. When I get home if it’s not to dark will take some. Either way will get it done. I could not be happier with the truck now. I have a few last mods I wanna do them I’m finished.

Is your '22 Trail Boss the refresh or the LTD? I want to level my refreshed '22 TB but the ReadyLIFT kit I wanted to go with may not work, according to them. Happy to go with Rough Country if I know it will work. Can you post a link to the kit you used? Thanks!

Would you recommend getting the UCAs from ROUGH COUNTRY along with the 1.5 leveling kit? Or just run with the 1.5 leveling kit?

Hi guys- I am by far not an expert with any of this and I took the advice by others on the TB. I just did a basic 1.75 Level Kit from Rough Country and kept the factory control arms. I am running a 295/70/18 Toyo High Country. I have had zero rub so far. I would definitely love to run a wider tire because it looks much better in my opinion, however I didn't want to deal with the spacers or any trimming.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back