What's new

Trail Boss “Not”

Anthony1975

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2020 trail boss completely lost all its power after one week took it into the dealership actually towed it into the dealership truck came back running very rough towed it back in for the second time many lies happened I do not want this truck I am going for a re-purchase. I would not depend on this truck to go anywhere off-road with no one else around to help in case it happens again

6.2 motor? Happened to me as well at 600 miles. Replaced valve springs. Cylinder 3 crashed. Bad batch of VS from 6/1/20 thru 9/15/20. Mines fine now.. Good luck.

6.2 yes. Complete loss of power. Keyless remotes sometimes worked sometimes not. I was told it was the battery only. After they said they fixed and after I picked it up it ran very rough and there was a rattling noise in between first and second gear, Windows did not roll up at the same time they were struggling. Dashboard display screen barely lit up. I took it in again they said the whole computer was shot and needed to redo it. They said they had to bring an outside engineer to come fix the problem. When I originally took it in I told them there were only 1200 miles on it. They wrote in the paperwork that I had over 4000 miles on it. It felt like constant lie after lie. Three weeks later they’re telling me it’s ready. To be honest I fear My brand new truck will never be the same I’m going for a re-purchase. I’m talking to GM now. Hoping they will rectify the problem. I guess we will see

Other than that it’s a very comfortable and good looking truck. But how do you trust getting into a truck that has already been bruised and battered. In no way is does it feel like a brand new $60,000 truck

That's terrible, sorry to hear that about such a good brand! Mine has been nothing but absolutely great, you must have gotten a bad apple. Any chance they will repurchase it under the condition you get another Trailboss? My buddy's brand new Ram has been in the shop for over a month now waiting on a whole new fuel system, it left him stranged in the middle of Texas. His tow was $1000 for 150mi. Just trying to say, every brand has a bad apple every once in a while.

Don't back down and demand a buy back. Unacceptable for what our trucks cost these days. These trucks are awesome but there are always bad ones in each litter. File for Lemon Law and your only acceptable solution is take the lemon back and give me a new RELIABLE truck

Don't back down and demand a buy back. Unacceptable for what our trucks cost these days. These trucks are awesome but there are always bad ones in each litter. File for Lemon Law and your only acceptable solution is take the lemon back and give me a new RELIABLE truck
That is all I plan to do. Thank you for your support and feedback. My Case # has already been established with General Motors. My rep said he will be contacting me shortly...problem is he did mention my dealership could start charging me storage fees for not picking it up!?
Why would I accept a $60,000 dollar truck back that has given me so many problems and not to mention have to listen to the lies from their service department. I will not accept this truck back. I do not feel safe in it period. I would hope such a big truck name such as Cheverolet would act in good faith to their valued customers such as me. For now I’m Just waiting to see what My representative at GM has to say tomorrow. At this time I am growing impatient. This is literally having a negative impact on my personal and daily business operations! I will only accept a truck back that will get me back-and-forth to work without wondering if it’s going to break down again. In no way will I take that used and abused truck back! It needs to be an absolutely brand new one. With a full re-purchase and compensation for my rental time and stress.

I am still waiting for the dealership and GM to let me know what is wrong with my truck and the computer issues it had since purchase!! Pretty frustrating when you have made payments on a truck that is not even in your possession. Hopefully GM and my dealership will do a better job resolving this issue for me! It has been towed to the Dealership twice now with several attempts to fix the same problem. No luck so far!

Frustrated Trail Boss Owner

any suggestions or anyone have this problem before?

Just keep driving the rental, and let GM make your payments,
Also, my buddy I mentioned above with the brand new ram, he just told me he won't get his truck back till January, because of a back-ordered Fuel system, he's just gonna put all his miles on the rental they gave him, hopefully GM can work a little faster than that.

I have a brand new 2020 trail boss completely lost all its power after one week took it into the dealership actually towed it into the dealership truck came back running very rough towed it back in for the second time many lies happened I do not want this truck I am going for a re-purchase. I would not depend on this truck to go anywhere off-road with no one else around to help in case it happens again
Any new updates?

So has anyone else had this issue with the 6.2 built in this period? Mine was built then 8/20 but at 800 miles,no problems yet.

Is there a way to run our VIN vs. the build timeframe to see if ours will be one of the affected ones if this happens?

Most Reactions

Back