What's new

Trail Boss Bed Cover

Hbomb

Reaction score
Looking for a quality, clean look bed cover, either folding or rolling for the 2021 Trail Boss. Was looking at the Bakflip MX4, Bakflip Revolver X4S, Undercover Ultraflex, Leer HF650M, Xtang Xceed and the Lomax.

Too many to chose from! Anyone got any of these? Any problems? Which one should I stay away from? Which one is the best?

Thanks guys!

Looking for a quality, clean look bed cover, either folding or rolling for the 2021 Trail Boss. Was looking at the Bakflip MX4, Bakflip Revolver X4S, Undercover Ultraflex, Leer HF650M, Xtang Xceed and the Lomax.

Too many to chose from! Anyone got any of these? Any problems? Which one should I stay away from? Which one is the best?

Thanks guys!
I love my Backflip MX4. Does what it needs to do. Not 100% waterproof but most tonoes are not water tight. Leaks a little bit in the corners when it's hit hard like a car wash. Does not rain here much but rain mostly stays out. It's also pretty easy to take out if I need every inch of the bed.

I considered them all. I went with the trifold instead of a roll up for longevity. Less moving parts. My guy said the springs and cables in roll ups do fail sometimes.

Kind regards,

Steve

I have a GatorFX trifold. Very sturdy and well made. Not 100% waterproof but I doubt any are.

I have the BAK Revolver 2 hard rolling bed cover, and it's amazing. Same price as the bakflip, but in my experience, a lot more waterproof. The only spot that gets wet is right at the tailgate when I go through the carwash. Otherwise, no water gets in. I also love that it gives me almost 100% access to the bed without losing viewing out my back window. Highly recommend it

After doing much reading, I just ordered the BAK Revolver X4s hard rolling cover. Can't wait for it to come in. Also got a Bedrug bed mat.

Truxedo Prox15 Have had this on for about 1 yr. Love the look this cover is a matte black fabric and doesn't have that cheap pleather look. Like stated above no cover is 100% waterproof but I have been satisfied with this one. There is a small amount of water that gets in at the rear corners which is probably the gaps in the tailgate as much as it is the tailgate seal.

Gator fx3. I like it alot, super easy install.

I to have a BAK Revolver only I got it from GM through the parts department. I used my GM rewards points after buying two new vehicles. I got $200 off. It is just like the BAK only GM doesn't call it that.
It's in there accessory catalog.
I have had this same cover on my previous truck and like it a lot.

TIP: when rolling it to the front or rolling it closed, use the felt as the aluminum slats get hot and they will pinch.

BAKflip MX4 here. Positively LOVE it. Easy install, and I have no issue with water intrusion. Sits nice and flush, and I love the look.

Thanks guys!
I got this Tyger for $205. I get very little dirt or water in the bed. I've only washed it through car washes. It comes with seals(tapes) for the front and tailgate. I like the features on it also. Good luck whatever you chose

Attachments

• Screenshot (1711).png
    Screenshot (1711).png
    705.1 KB · Views: 46
Love the Gatrortrax! I've had it for over a year now... no issues, well made, secure, and looks great

Attachments

• IMG_1739.jpg
    IMG_1739.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 80
I have 6.5ft bed. Been very happy with my Lomax... Bought 08/2020 for $770 from tonneaucovered (shorter bed may be cheaper). I have driven with it open and even just flapped over boards. Very low profile, sturdy, yet easy to remove completely if/when you need the full bed (versus cartridge systems). Personally think it's VERY hard to beat at that price.

I went with the Truxedo Sentry CT. I had the Truxedo Lowpro on my last truck and while I liked it, the flapping in high wind was annoying. The Sentry, since the whole thing is aluminum reinforced, doesn't move at all. All the benefits of a hard tri-fold cover, but it rolls up like a soft cover. Best of both worlds IMHO.

Attachments

• sentry_CT-1.jpeg.jpg
    sentry_CT-1.jpeg.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 43
  • sentry_CT-2.jpeg.jpg
    sentry_CT-2.jpeg.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 43

Most Reactions

Back