What's new

Trail Boss Door and Console Fake Wood Trim replaced with GMC AT4 Variant

dagedoty

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tail Boss enthusiasts. I am new here and wanted to post, for anyone interested, pics on replacement interior door/console trim that replaces the out of place simulated wood trim in a Midnight Edition Trail Boss. I replaced the interior wood door and center console trim pieces with the GMC AT4. In my opinion, this is what should be standard in all Silverado's with a black interior. I guess the wood is OK for the tan/gray Gideon option, which I am not a fan of. Anyway, the pieces were ordered from eBay seller "GMpartsAuthority" for the "2019-2021 Silverado Sierra Crew Cab Door Trim 84458971 Silver Hammer W/ Console" for $184.98. It took about 4 days to get it once ordered .

Attachments

• 20210414_101529.jpg
    20210414_101529.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 20210414_101534.jpg
    20210414_101534.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 1,076
  • door trim.jpg
    door trim.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Silverado.jpg
    Silverado.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 1,045
I really like the look, I’m cheap though for 180 I’ll keep the wood and enjoy the funds elsewhere. Thank you for sharing though I agree it should come like that instead.

About $200 with shipping. About the price of 57 gallons of premium at $3.50 gal. About a thousand miles in gas of normal driving. I see your point but I sometimes make myself afford frivolous things for no good reason. I don't know why but that wood just nags me.

Looks awesome. I have no idea why this didn't just come standard in the Trail Boss to begin with. Oh well, maybe something I can ask for this coming xmas 😄

About $200 with shipping. About the price of 57 gallons of premium at $3.50 gal. About a thousand miles in gas of normal driving. I see your point but I sometimes make myself afford frivolous things for no good reason. I don't know why but that wood just nags me.
Shoot I wish I was paying that, bout to push 4 bucks here in the next week or two! I would make myself afford it if I didn’t just drop some dough on a retractable bed cover. Still got CAI, muffler delete and a Pulsar when I can get my hands on it haha this is an expensive habit for my pavement princess!

Shoot I wish I was paying that, bout to push 4 bucks here in the next week or two! I would make myself afford it if I didn’t just drop some dough on a retractable bed cover. Still got CAI, muffler delete and a Pulsar when I can get my hands on it haha this is an expensive habit for my pavement princess!
Which retractable? I have been eyeballing the Roll-N-Lock A Series because they are aluminum slats which seems more secure. The E Series are yet another $800 for electric retraction.

Retraxpro XR part #RTX-T-80482, I ended up going through realtruck got quite a bit off speaking with a rep on chat message through the website. Enough I ordered it right then and there. I’ve been a fan of the slots in the slat for a rack for my ultimate game plan for the truck which is like most overland trail boss builds with roof top tents. I had the pace edwards before with slots but it wasn’t the all aluminum one the one with the polymer top(the rails felt super sturdy! That part was aluminum but the slats had the polymer cover over them which were ok but I was worried about someone slicing it with a knife, they wouldn’t get through the slats but definitely mess up the polymer). I’ll post pics when I get this one delivered and installed. Realistically the electric one doesn’t make sense to me since it would be another fob I would need to carry. Kinda like the push button for the tailgate, great feature but if it cost me 800 I wouldn’t personally get it. I’ve used it once so far haha.

I never understood the fake wood trim either. The black looks way better👍

It looked good in my Ram lol maybe I’m still under old rap lyric impressions, to me wood grain looks good when it’s meant to fit. Agreed on the trail boss not fitting though.

I never liked the fake wood. I have the same kit that will be installing this weekend. I paid $165 for my kit.

Most Reactions

Back