What's new

TrailBoss Duramax Owner in SoCal

as73

Reaction score
Hello, Name is Tim
I have a 2022 Trail Boss Duramax 3.0. I upgraded from a Tacoma that was fully built for Over-landing and hunting! I needed something bigger with a better range, So here I am
I have already done a list of mods to get this one ready for hunting season.
RLD cap ORDERED
GM up-fitter aux switch setup
King's 2.5 front and rear with Baja Kits Billet UCA
Super Spring Sumo Bumps in the rear
Power Supply station in the bed
ARB fridge with Goal Zero Lithium powerpack
Builtright Molle full kit for the bed for the hi lift and the traction boards
Baja squadron front fogs
RC Ditch light kit
RC rubber bed mat
RC seat cover kit front and rear Very nice
Led turn signals, lp lights and backup
Looking forward to helping and learning with you all.

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 133
My 5.3 runs great but wish I had waited a yr for the 3.0 Duramax.

My 5.3 runs great but wish I had waited a yr for the 3.0 Duramax.
I really like the duramax, Its quiet, smooth and has tons of power. I towed a 5500lb travel trailer and even uphill was effortless. Towing mileage was about 17mpg. My mpg freeway is 25-27 @80 and around town is 22mpg

Welcome to the forum @as73 🍻. How have you been liking the Duramax 3.0? What's been your range & average mpg with it?

The Truck is Great, The mileage and range are huge bonuses for me coming from a Tacoma. I rarely really run it down to empty. I'm pretty sure the hwy range is 450+. Just over 8300 miles now going for my second oil change very soon. I did the first service at 4200. I like to keep my stuff in really good shape. The Def lasted to the first service but was on the last bar. Oil service at the Dealer is only $70 with tire rotation.

$70 for a diesel oil service is ridiculously inexpensive. The retail cost for the parts is more than that.

$70 for a diesel oil service is ridiculously inexpensive. The retail cost for the parts is more than that.
Trust me, I know! I own a European Automotive repair facility and my price for the oil is about the same cost for the entire service!
I was going to do it, I even have the filters in stock. ;)

Hello, Name is Tim
I have a 2022 Trail Boss Duramax 3.0. I upgraded from a Tacoma that was fully built for Over-landing and hunting! I needed something bigger with a better range, So here I am
I have already done a list of mods to get this one ready for hunting season.
RLD cap ORDERED
GM up-fitter aux switch setup
King's 2.5 front and rear with Baja Kits Billet UCA
Super Spring Sumo Bumps in the rear
Power Supply station in the bed
ARB fridge with Goal Zero Lithium powerpack
Builtright Molle full kit for the bed for the hi lift and the traction boards
Baja squadron front fogs
RC Ditch light kit
RC rubber bed mat
RC seat cover kit front and rear Very nice
Led turn signals, lp lights and backup
Looking forward to helping and learning with you all.
Great upgrade and great list. How are you liking those Builright boards? I was looking at those and the Putco. The Builright seems like a much better value. Do they fit pretty flush? Have you used them for anything other than the high lift and traction boards. Also which power supply station did you go with? Thanks for the info!

Great upgrade and great list. How are you liking those Builright boards? I was looking at those and the Putco. The Builright seems like a much better value. Do they fit pretty flush? Have you used them for anything other than the high lift and traction boards. Also which power supply station did you go with? Thanks for the info!
Thanks,
I like the molle boards they are handy but not essential. The fit is perfect. The only problem is when you need anything you have to crawl up in the bed to get it! Also the traction boards don't fit. Starting to think about the Decked system again. As for the power supply I am running the Yeti Lithium 500x. Previously I had the 400 lithium. Both work well to power my old school ARB MT-45. When camping I have a 100w Solar panel that keeps everything topped up.

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 43
  • MOJAVEHUNT.jpg
    MOJAVEHUNT.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 44
Glad to see more TBs out overlanding. I use my '22 TB 2.7 for this which was crazy cheaper than buying a gladiator rubicon and dropping 20-30k in mods

Here is the latest photo, This is the Bush ax27 Roof top tent its insane. So quick easy and built really well
I love the concept of RTTs, but still never fully understand the why of them. They increase the center of gravity on the truck, add a bunch of weight, and are very expensive. Ground tents make more sense to me. Not hating, and I understand why people go with them. I just doesn't make sense value-wise to me. The irony is I'm saying this as somebody who chose a Trail Boss LT with the 6.2 instead of an AT4 with 3.0. Your truck looks good. Welcome to the forum.

I love the concept of RTTs, but still never fully understand the why of them. They increase the center of gravity on the truck, add a bunch of weight, and are very expensive. Ground tents make more sense to me. Not hating, and I understand why people go with them. I just doesn't make sense value-wise to me. The irony is I'm saying this as somebody who chose a Trail Boss LT with the 6.2 instead of an AT4 with 3.0. Your truck looks good. Welcome to the forum.
I used to use ground tents but I prefer staying off the ground. I'm also lazy so ground tents are too much effort for me.

I used to use ground tents but I prefer staying off the ground. I'm also lazy so ground tents are too much effort for me.
My kind of ground tent

I use a hammock with a thin air mattress to stay off the ground. I'm also bigger than most, so I'm concerned the cross bars you mount a RTT to erotica good my weight plus the tent. I have yet to find a ladder that's rated for more than me. I have a bit of a belly, but a lot of muscle density. My free weight lifting exercises are the max my local gym has. My shoulder shrugs are more than most people weigh.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Back