What's new

USB able to charge while off?

CoreyOringderff

Reaction score
My gladiator could charge through the two usb ports when the truck was completely off which was great for camping. Is there a way to modify the trail boss usb ports to do this? If not, what about the cigarette lighter port?

My gladiator could charge through the two usb ports when the truck was completely off which was great for camping. Is there a way to modify the trail boss usb ports to do this? If not, what about the cigarette lighter port?
There is a fuse in the passenger side compartment that can be moved over just one prong, and it allows charging while the vehicle is off and you have exited. This is through the cigarette lighter though, I am not sure if it also powers up the USB port while off. But I assume it would.

1708624461365.png

I think it's just the 12v "cigarette lighter" and not any of the USB ports. I've never tested this though and I'm willing to be proven wrong.

From the factory I believe the 12v lighter is in "always on" configuration. I switched my fuse to make it "on with ignition" so that it would work for my dashcam.

It will only affect the battery if something is plugged in and drawing power for longer than the battery can handle. Get one of those cigarette lighter to USB converter and you're good to go.

One like this:
1000022044.jpg

Most Reactions

Back