What's new

Wanting new wheels

jamesholyfield24

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help on putting new wheels on my truck, I'm going to run 285/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I want to have at least an inch of poke, I am so confused when it comes to the offset, I really don't want to have any type of wheel spacers cause of the laws in Pennsylvania, I know most say that the biggest issue is clearing the brake caliber, I did put the readylift 1.75" leveling kit on, so can anyone help me out and school me on how to pick the wheel out and not have to worry about buying the wrong one

Negative offset will push the wheel out. A 0 offset wheel will be even with the wheel opening. A -25 offset will be 1" of poke. Going more negative will push them out further.

Negative offset will push the wheel out. A 0 offset wheel will be even with the wheel opening. A -25 offset will be 1" of poke. Going more negative will push them out further.
Is each wheel manufacturer different with the offset or are they all the same? And say I do a -25 offset will they clear the brake calibers without spacers?

Clearing the calipers is dependent on the wheel design. But in general 18's and larger should clear. Nothing is a given though. Non trail boss models can come with 17s. So in theory 17s should clear too. I say in theory because I had a car that came stock with 16s yet 20s and 18s were hit and miss. But that was due to the Brembo calipers more so than anything else. The non Brembo equipped ones would have fit the same 18s and 20s that I could not use.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back