What's new

Water in bed -

Jimg

Reaction score
This is probably more of a truck question, but I have a TB and am in this forum :). Also note, I am new to trucks!

I am on my second tonneau cover. The first allowed a ton of water into the bed, so I switched to a DiamondBack which is like a hard shell cover that opens at both ends. They advertise being water proof; however I am still getting water in the bed :(. At a minimum, I know I need to seal the tailgate --

Anyone else have similar issues - if so what did you do to keep your bed dry :)

I don’t have one installed myself but recently I was watching a video about installing one. In the video the rails themself will get water in them that need to be drained usually through a connected hose that drains through a hole in the bed.

Here’s a link to the video. Hope this helps.

I've had trucks for the past 25 years and have had either a truck cap or tonneau cover on all of them. Currently a 2021 TB with a Truxedo ProX15 tonneau cover. All of them have had some water leakage, usually at one or more of the 4 corners, I don't think you can get 100% water proof. Sealing the tailgate and making sure the seals between rails and bed are in good condition and not gapping will help reduce water entry. I plan accordingly and don't place things in the problem areas that can be easily damaged by moisture or I put them in a water resistant container. Welcome to Truck ownership.

I've had trucks for the past 25 years and have had either a truck cap or tonneau cover on all of them. Currently a 2021 TB with a Truxedo ProX15 tonneau cover. All of them have had some water leakage, usually at one or more of the 4 corners, I don't think you can get 100% water proof. Sealing the tailgate and making sure the seals between rails and bed are in good condition and not gapping will help reduce water entry. I plan accordingly and don't place things in the problem areas that can be easily damaged by moisture or I put them in a water resistant container. Welcome to Truck ownership.
:) - thanks, I guess the days of having a trunk to keep my stuff nice and dry are gone. still love owning a truck and will never go back.

I've owned and driven Chevy trucks for many years now, as well. Truxedo brand bought out the original company that made these Roll-up tonneau covers. My '07 had one, my 2011 had one, and now my 2021 has one. The only area any of mine ever leaked is around the Tailgate, and the new Trail Boss does this quite a lot. I'm researching the best solution.

But using Storage Tubs is a good way to manage sensitive loads in a truck. My only problem there is finding Red & Black color-matched tubs ... like everything else regarding this Great New Truck!
(A Milwaukee cordless vacuum cleaner is standard in Red/Black. Very nice.)

Yesterday I added ESI Tailgate Seal around the bed - went to the car wash today... there still is some minor leakage, but nothing like what is was. Some leaking by the plastic caps on the bulkhead, may try some sort of caulk there. And a little bit from the one of the rear corners - still need to figure that one out.

I've owned and driven Chevy trucks for many years now, as well. Truxedo brand bought out the original company that made these Roll-up tonneau covers. My '07 had one, my 2011 had one, and now my 2021 has one. The only area any of mine ever leaked is around the Tailgate, and the new Trail Boss does this quite a lot. I'm researching the best solution.

But using Storage Tubs is a good way to manage sensitive loads in a truck. My only problem there is finding Red & Black color-matched tubs ... like everything else regarding this Great New Truck!
(A Milwaukee cordless vacuum cleaner is standard in Red/Black. Very nice.)
... and these would look good with your truck :) . (i have used them so far - can fit 3 in the truck).

Most Reactions

Back