What's new

Wax

Flores33

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question. Does anyone know if the Trail Bosses are coated with ceramic coating from the factory and do you reccmmend a wax job if the truck is only 2 years old?

They are not coated with anything.
Definitely clay bar, polish, then
apply something to protect it.
1000s of opinions on what products are the best.

Haven't polished a truck in a while, my TB is only 5 months old.
My sequence was usually Clay Bar, Mequiar's Ultimate compound with a buffer and then some sort of a wax containing bees wax.
Having trouble finding wax containing bees wax though,

Hello, I have a question. Does anyone know if the Trail Bosses are coated with ceramic coating from the factory and do you reccmmend a wax job if the truck is only 2 years old?
i ceramic coated mine 3 months ago, highly recommend

but as jmzvet stated there are a lot of options. I use P & S beadmaker as a topper. the truck stays cleaner way longer.

Its a process to do by yourself, the prep takes a good chunk of a day, strip wash, clay bar , polish , isopropyl alcohol wipe. (if you have never used a polsiher practice on an old vehichle first as you can do some damage)

But so worth it

I did a strip wash, clay bar, ceramic wax. Did a second coat ceramic wax. Now - just rinse, quick sudsy wipe down, dry. Even after playing in the desert all day long, looks new and so easy. I swear, I don't spend more than 1/2 hour. Hard part is the prep/ceramic, an all day affair. I've had my TB since Dec. and I'm happy with upkeep.

The dealer added a DuPont paint and interior protection pkg as an “ option” on my truck. My definition of option is different than theirs apparently since the only option was to pay for it or not buy tbe truck😬. I ceramic coated it when I got it home. Now I just use MaGuires Spray Detailer on it. Ive never sprayed it with water or ran it through a car wash. Nothing really sticks to it👍

Washed, clay bar, ceramic coating spray (turlewax hybrid solutions) on wheels too. Look at her SHINE!!

Attachments

• 56B5F877-E99B-4859-9306-118C9CC1A910.jpeg
    56B5F877-E99B-4859-9306-118C9CC1A910.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 16532CED-7A82-4F0C-B0C0-B2FF99BBD367.jpeg
    16532CED-7A82-4F0C-B0C0-B2FF99BBD367.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 93
  • B23C2DD0-BEF2-4C2C-9279-DB9DE30D271B.jpeg
    B23C2DD0-BEF2-4C2C-9279-DB9DE30D271B.jpeg
    229.9 KB · Views: 94
I live in a place that doesn’t have a place to wash cars easily; but it rains often .

So, for years now (about 25 yrs) I use Honda polish followed up with a coating of SC1 Silicon polish.

My motorcycles (even with 60k) on them look like new.

And the same for my cars.

I go through about 2-3 cans a year per vehicle and maybe 5-6 microfiber towels.

And unless really muddy; the car and truck never see a hose.

I know most will find what I said crazy; but it works for me and my cars always look great. A plus; it takes about 30 minutes to clean top to bottom on a “maintenance” week and ma the 1.5hrs if I skip a few.

And best of all; never water marks!

Most Reactions

Back