What's new

Welcome to TrailBoss.org - Introduce yourself!

Hi all! I'm awaiting my 2021 Custom Trail Boss factory order here in Western New York. I'm an active reader on the 1130cc.com forum for Harley V-Rod owners. I'm hoping this will be a great community as well and will give me some great ideas for my Trail Boss!

Hi all! I'm awaiting my 2021 Custom Trail Boss factory order here in Western New York. I'm an active reader on the 1130cc.com forum for Harley V-Rod owners. I'm hoping this will be a great community as well and will give me some great ideas for my Trail Boss!

Welcome to the forum @Saoidh - The site is still fairly new, but slowly we are starting to get the word out there. (y)

What's up everyone. I just traded my 2012 Jeep Wrangler JKU for this 2019 6.2 Trail Boss. I owned a 2002 Silverado extra cab and it was such a great truck that I had for 10 years. I just love the newly designed Silverados and had to come back. Looking forward to many years of great service and adventures.

F4B35B93-95AC-4A9F-A3B7-BD4C593896D7.jpeg

Hello all, Bryan here from Massachusetts. I just traded in my 2016 F150 crew for my 2021 Northsky Blue trail boss custom Crew. Love it so far. Ready for the snow.
20201031_134551.jpg

Hey Everyone, checking in from CT here. Just traded my 2016 2500HD LT for the 2020 Trailboss LT. Love it so far. Alot more pep than the 6.0. So far, i have replaced all the non LED bulbs, tonneu, rain guards, swing out toolbox, 20% tint on the front windows, AFE muffler delete, and waiting on a Magnum Headach rack. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does to theirs!

Attachments

• D1683DC1-5DC1-4245-81BF-166340D67DC8.jpeg
    D1683DC1-5DC1-4245-81BF-166340D67DC8.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 1109DBB8-B943-4B54-9092-DD54E37E8C6B.jpeg
    1109DBB8-B943-4B54-9092-DD54E37E8C6B.jpeg
    685.5 KB · Views: 26
Hey Everyone, checking in from CT here. Just traded my 2016 2500HD LT for the 2020 Trailboss LT. Love it so far. Alot more pep than the 6.0. So far, i have replaced all the non LED bulbs, tonneu, rain guards, swing out toolbox, 20% tint on the front windows, AFE muffler delete, and waiting on a Magnum Headach rack. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does to theirs!
Tell me, are you happy with the AFE muffler delete? How does it sound when the DFM kicks in? I've heard a few clips of them at startup and I like it...just worried about how it sounds driving!

Tell me, are you happy with the AFE muffler delete? How does it sound when the DFM kicks in? I've heard a few clips of them at startup and I like it...just worried about how it sounds driving!
Driving is super quiet. I had a Manaflow muffler on my last truck and it definitely louder. While driving. Once you stomp it, its decently loud. I honestly barely notice it just cruising. I left the flapper valve in place as well.

Driving is super quiet. I had a Manaflow muffler on my last truck and it definitely louder. While driving. Once you stomp it, its decently loud. I honestly barely notice it just cruising. I left the flapper valve in place as well.
Thank you for those details. I have two flapper valves, one on each side of the muffler! I'm thinking I will leave them both if I do the muffler delete.

Not to beat a dead horse but can you tell once the AFM kicks in... and if so would you describe it as the "helicopter sound" I have heard referenced by others? Just worried that it would be annoying and debating if it is worth the trade-off. Love a decent V8 rumble, especially after coming from an Ecoboost.

Thank you for those details. I have two flapper valves, one on each side of the muffler! I'm thinking I will leave them both if I do the muffler delete.

Not to beat a dead horse but can you tell once the AFM kicks in... and if so would you describe it as the "helicopter sound" I have heard referenced by others? Just worried that it would be annoying and debating if it is worth the trade-off. Love a decent V8 rumble, especially after coming from an Ecoboost.
Not at all. Like i said, its barely noticeable at highway speeds. I notice a slight rumble. Once you get into it it really sounds good. I can send you a video if you’d like.

Not at all. Like i said, its barely noticeable at highway speeds. I notice a slight rumble. Once you get into it it really sounds good. I can send you a video if you’d like.
Thanks. must not be obnoxious then...think I might get it done!

Hello everyone, just picked up my 2021 Satin Steel 5.3L Trailboss. I am moving on from my 2011 Silverado LT 2WD double cab, it was a great truck for me but always regretted not getting a 4WD. Running Boards is next on my list.

IMG_1307X.jpeg
IMG_1298.jpeg

I would like to be the first to welcome everyone to Trailboss.org, the first and only forum dedicated for Chevy Silverado Trail Boss Owners. Please take a minute and make a quick introduction!
Back in the Silverado saddle! Couldn't be happier with the new Trail Boss. I look forward to suggestions and learning from all of you.

Made a few posts on the forum already thought I would say hello. I have been a GM Technician for about 5 years now I do pretty much everything except heavy line(engine repair), transmission and diesel. I can honestly say when these trucks first came out I thought they looked awful, except the trailboss. About 6 months ago I tried to buy a 2020 trailboss but they didn't have the 6.2L 10spd and short box options I wanted. I held out and had the sales manager custom order me a 2021. Here is what I got. My friend got a 2020 RST before I got my truck so I just wanted to show the height difference.

Attachments

• trailboss1.jpg
    trailboss1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 52
  • trailboss 3.jpg
    trailboss 3.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 52
  • trailboss_rst.jpg
    trailboss_rst.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 49

Most Reactions

Back