What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

Installed AFE muffler delete and a catch can! I left the flapper valve because I figured I can always go back and cut it out. Sounds amazing!

Just got base level custom TB, more as a tow rig for my wheeling jeep. interested in getting budget type cover and bedliner and under seat(rear) storage any suggestions? Also anything i need to be aware of that are known issues? Been a while as my last rig was a 2007 2500 HD.
Thanks in advance
I’m not sure what kind of cover you are wanting but I recommend RC. I had their soft trifold cover on my F150 and really liked it and now I have their soft roll up on my TB. They run about $270. RC also has a under seat storage that I’m actually thinking about getting to have more room then the carpeted one that came in the truck. It’s $149 but I know that Tyger and Weathertech make some as well just not sure how much they are. As far as issues, I have not had any with either one of my TBs. only thing I would complain about is that the DFM causes my Borla exhaust to drone but probably going to purchase the Pulsar LT to fix that.

I’m not sure what kind of cover you are wanting but I recommend RC. I had their soft trifold cover on my F150 and really liked it and now I have their soft roll up on my TB. They run about $270. RC also has a under seat storage that I’m actually thinking about getting to have more room then the carpeted one that came in the truck. It’s $149 but I know that Tyger and Weathertech make some as well just not sure how much they are. As far as issues, I have not had any with either one of my TBs. only thing I would complain about is that the DFM causes my Borla exhaust to drone but probably going to purchase the Pulsar LT to fix that.
Do you know if the covers work with drop in bed liner? Also which do you prefer the roll up or tri fold and why? Is RC rough country?

Just got base level custom TB, more as a tow rig for my wheeling jeep. interested in getting budget type cover and bedliner and under seat(rear) storage any suggestions? Also anything i need to be aware of that are known issues? Been a while as my last rig was a 2007 2500 HD.
Thanks in advance
I have the under seat work box sold by Chevy dealerships. I think it was around 225 bucks. It maximizes every inch of possible storage space. Mine is packed with recovery gear and tools. The quality will NOT blow you away. It is basically a form fitted plastic bucket but it works. If you overload it you will fight with the cheap hinges on the lid. It's ok for long term stuff but if I was in it everyday I would find something better.

Steve

Do you know if the covers work with drop in bed liner? Also which do you prefer the roll up or tri fold and why? Is RC rough country?
Yeah it’s Rough Country. Yeah they both should work with the drop in bedliner. I had the trifold on with a drop in one. I liked both of them. It just depends how far you would want you cover to go up when putting stuff in the bed. When I would load up my ATV i would have to move the trifold cover out. It was easy to remove and put back on though. when I traded the Ford I decided to go with roll up one so I wouldn’t have to remove it. i agree with Steve on the under seat storage from Chevy as well. I have thought about getting that one but I just need one a littler wider so just going to get the RC one for cheaper and use that extra money towards something else on my modification list lol. The more I’m on this forum the bigger the list is getting LOL

So far, absolutely none! I highly recommend it to everyone I meet.
Okay great! I have just been on fence about it because i have seen people have bad reviews on it but I’m thinking that Range has worked out the bugs in it. I plan on getting it this month. I definitely hate the drone sound the DFM makes my Borla exhaust have when slowing down.

fuel beast 20's and ko2 285/60/20 33's

only one i could find in stock with the 6.2 came with the 18's and they just look too small on the truck

Attachments

• 43-A91-AB6-AD31-4807-AD2-A-ABDA14-A637-ED.jpg
    43-A91-AB6-AD31-4807-AD2-A-ABDA14-A637-ED.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 193
  • 4-FFB8033-3-E1-B-4-C5-B-BAF2-ADF028964-E2-B.jpg
    4-FFB8033-3-E1-B-4-C5-B-BAF2-ADF028964-E2-B.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 194
Installed a Rhino lining, windows tinted. Upgraded to 20x10 Fuel Rebels, with 285/65/20 Ridge Grapplers. Serious rub issues. Have done a lot of trimming of the liner and removes mudflaps. Still rubbing. Might have to push back the bracket behind the wheel liner to get full clearance.

Installed a Rhino lining, windows tinted. Upgraded to 20x10 Fuel Rebels, with 285/65/20 Ridge Grapplers. Serious rub issues. Have done a lot of trimming of the liner and removes mudflaps. Still rubbing. Might have to push back the bracket behind the wheel liner to get full clearance.
the 65 profile probably didnt help that, componding with whatever offset you went with, going up to the 65 profile will give you a 34.6" OD, 60 is only 33.5 , all i had to trim was the top 2" of the mud flap because it bareley rubbed and only in reverse i could hear it catching on the edge, looking at my clearances a 1" bigger tire would rub in alot of places

Finally have a somewhat "complete" set up I'm happy to share!

BAK Revolver 2 hard rolling bed cover
Blacked out Z71 logos
Stubby antenna
Removed Trail Boss stickers, replaced with matte black flags
Matte Black "Silverado" and "LT"
5% Window Tint all around (just brow on the front)
Tyger step bar
KMC Technic 20 x 9 +18mm wrapped in 33x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RTs
Pedal Commander

In the future looking to add:
cold air intake
exhaust
black front tow hooks
blacked out front z71 logo

Attachments

• 20210907_174936.jpg
    20210907_174936.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 328
  • 20210907_174953.jpg
    20210907_174953.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 20210907_175000.jpg
    20210907_175000.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 322
  • 20210907_175013.jpg
    20210907_175013.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 304
  • 20210908_171050.jpg
    20210908_171050.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 295
  • 20210908_171112.jpg
    20210908_171112.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 20210908_171118.jpg
    20210908_171118.jpg
    589.8 KB · Views: 307
Finally have a somewhat "complete" set up I'm happy to share!

BAK Revolver 2 hard rolling bed cover
Blacked out Z71 logos
Stubby antenna
Removed Trail Boss stickers, replaced with matte black flags
Matte Black "Silverado" and "LT"
5% Window Tint all around (just brow on the front)
Tyger step bar
KMC Technic 20 x 9 +18mm wrapped in 33x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RTs
Pedal Commander

In the future looking to add:
cold air intake
exhaust
black front tow hooks
blacked out front z71 logo
That thing is looking badass. Love those flags on black. I had to replace one of my red hooks. Do not buy the RC black replacements that turn them into a shackle point. I tried those, they don't fit right and the shackle does not hang proper either. I threw them in the trash because I bought open box with no return. Total waste of money.

Steve

That thing is looking badass. Love those flags on black. I had to replace one of my red hooks. Do not buy the RC black replacements that turn them into a shackle point. I tried those, they don't fit right and the shackle does not hang proper either. I threw them in the trash because I bought open box with no return. Total waste of money.

Steve
Thank you! And thanks for the heads up on those ...I was definitely considering that as an option. May just take them to have them rhino lined or vinyl wrapped in matte black

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back