What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today?

Spyderwebb

Reaction score
Installed my Roto-Fab intake, I'm pleased. Looks great, with good quality components and R&R instructions.

I like that it's not obnoxiously loud when I step on it but you can tell it's there, it's more of an aggressive intake sound now...like it's growling!

The truck feels strong under heavy acceleration, still stock exhaust but you can note a slightly deeper note at idle and rev!

Fuel economy....we'll see!

I like it!!
IMG_2114.jpg

Last edited:

tbuss5831

Reaction score
this is for everyone who hasn’t seen the video..

but, so far, it’s been great. The auto start/stop lifter light stayed on. But the vehicle hasn’t turned off once while at a sign or light. I know the DFM is off because I have more on demand power, and my fuel economy has dropped. Sorry steelboss, you’re about to be in the single digits lmao.
Funny story to me at least. Im a Chevy dealer technician and there was zero information on how these connectors came apart. When the new body style trucks came out I had an electrical issue and TAC wanted me to check terminal tension in this connector. I had myself and 3 other guys trying to figure this crap out. It sounds stupid now with a video showing how to do it but we were soo confused. One guy grabbed that corner on accident and BOOM thing pulled right up. GM gave us no information on any of this. Ever since then I have loved these connectors.

TrailBoss

Reaction score
Funny story to me at least. Im a Chevy dealer technician and there was zero information on how these connectors came apart. When the new body style trucks came out I had an electrical issue and TAC wanted me to check terminal tension in this connector. I had myself and 3 other guys trying to figure this crap out. It sounds stupid now with a video showing how to do it but we were soo confused. One guy grabbed that corner on accident and BOOM thing pulled right up. GM gave us no information on any of this. Ever since then I have loved these connectors.
I had the same issue just doing everything I could to separate them lmao! But I will say, they are genius!!

treadhead

Reaction score
Took it out and got it dirty on a walk in the clouds!

Attachments

Will

Reaction score
2 weeks old. Did a few things...
Full Ceramic Tint.
Rhino Lining Bed
Folding Bed Cover
Black Badges
King 2.5 Set up
Camburg Kinetic UCA's
Method 312 17x9 -12
BFG K02 35x12.5x17
Wheel Well Trim
.50 cal Antenna
Rugged Radio set up

Good times.....

Attachments

tbuss5831

Reaction score
2 weeks old. Did a few things...
Full Ceramic Tint.
Rhino Lining Bed
Folding Bed Cover
Black Badges
King 2.5 Set up
Camburg Kinetic UCA's
Method 312 17x9 -12
BFG K02 35x12.5x17
Wheel Well Trim
.50 cal Antenna
Rugged Radio set up

Good times.....
Ok I love your truck. Do you have an y issues with rubbing?

Will

Reaction score
Ok I love your truck. Do you have an y issues with rubbing?
Yes. We trimmed the mud flap and a decent amount off the bottom of the inner felt liner and that took care of it. If I really get after it though it’ll rub on that little black frame extension. So to remedy, I may cut it at a 45 degree angle to give it that final clearance and weld a patch on it to cover.

danh63

Reaction score
Are a lot of people Wrapping their front ends? If so, what is that costing to do?

MJ$

Reaction score
Ordered a Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake System today! I will be sure and post a review and pictures after I get it installed.
I'm anxious to get it on and experience the improved sound, performance (seat of my pants anyway) and fuel economy...and of course the great looks of this quality component!!
How is it

Spyderwebb

Reaction score
How is it
See my post on this thread on Nov 19th.

To update further I would say that I continue to be very pleased with the intake, had to tighten it down again after a road trip but that is normal after initial installation. Fuel economy has stayed about the same but the seat of my pants performance feels it is an improvement. Great sound too, probably why the fuel economy has not improved (always have my foot in it), love the growl! Looks great too!!

It's a keeper!!

MJ$

Reaction score
Thanks man. Gonna get one and maybe programmer

JonSnow

Reaction score
Any idea how well it holds up through snow/ice and car washes?
Over time it will peel off. I have Plastidiped lots of things. Looks good for a while but eventually comes off especially in a car wash. I would highly recommend just getting new black emblems.

Latest Discussions...