What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

Amazon​

JDMTOY 3pc Super Bright Amber Full LED Center Grill​

It’s a “universal “ kit so you need to have some basic fabrication skills to attach the lights with the supplied brackets. Would be a lot cheaper to just buy 3 lights from somewhere since it doesn’t even come with enough wire to power and ground them.
Where did you connect the power to?

Where did you connect the power to?
I wanted them on all the time so I used a fuse in the box that has power when the truck is running. I think its labeled ignition. I used a fuse tap. The red wire leads to the fuse I used
D00820A8-225E-4233-B815-C9BC0EB3C494.jpeg

Last edited:
3E96E658-C3F2-475B-A0DC-B02DA8EC7245.jpeg
EB5021CF-0444-411B-A07E-50328A0ED493.png
F1022192-8B8B-4D54-BFA3-AD60134C97EA.jpeg
So far I have done a few things:
1) Rough Country Trail Boss 1.5” leveling kit.
2)Rough Country Soft Trifold Tonneau.
3)Opt7 60” tailgate light bar.
4)35x12.5x18 BFG KO2’s.
5)Auxito LED tail light & license plate bulbs.
*note* 35’s BARELY rub wheel liner at full lock. Will make a minor adjustment there when i have a little free time here soon.

Attachments

• DDB93852-4FFB-429F-9095-157FB12FDCEF.jpeg
    DDB93852-4FFB-429F-9095-157FB12FDCEF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
View attachment 1837View attachment 1838View attachment 1839So far I have done a few things:
4)35x12.5x18 BFG KO2’s.
*note* 35’s BARELY rub wheel liner at full lock. Will make a minor adjustment there when i have a little free time here soon.
How are the control arms after the leveling kit?

I'm looking to do a very similar setup to get bigger tires on the TB.

View attachment 1837View attachment 1838View attachment 1839So far I have done a few things:
4)35x12.5x18 BFG KO2’s.

How are the control arms after the leveling kit?

I'm looking to do a very similar setup to get bigger tires on the TB.
Everything checks out fine. With the leveling kit and the 35's there is still clearance when it comes to the control arms.

Underseat Storage for 7 bucks 😄
mortar tubs from Home Depot, cheap cheap 😜
C8F56827-8084-4E64-85DC-44DCFC393284.jpeg
Pre fit on drivers side..
DE7A5485-BA11-4DCE-962C-3DC179C8B32B.jpeg

needs a little trimming, took off 3” with a carbide saw…
343EBEA3-D1E4-4BA1-AE14-1381489BF047.jpeg

cut it down the long way and drilled a couple holes for zip ties and presto 🎉 ...
for the Pass. Side I will repeat the process but cut the tub down the short side 👌
C8808990-6CE7-4D46-AC38-76E8C45EDAE4.jpeg

Installed the Husky Liners rear wheel well guards on the ol’lady’s TB
found a good deal at rcagarage.com…
>> Tip, if you leave them in your cart for a couple days, they send you a coupon for another 5% off
total with shipping was $84.79 🎉

Also gave it a bath and a wax with some Griots..
296221F6-3733-4969-B388-5B3BB474EB39.jpeg
0DDD3779-DB22-4A46-AFBA-81E0A612E5E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed the Husky Liners rear wheel well guards on the ol’lady’s TB
found a good deal at rcagarage.com…
>> Tip, if you leave them in your cart for a couple days, they send you a coupon for another 5% off
total with shipping was $84.79 🎉

Also gave it a bath and a wax with some Griots..
View attachment 1866View attachment 1867
You will probably like the Husky Liners better than the factory "felt" liners on the LT. The LT liners are like carpet to keep road noise out. They are good at that. The problem is they collect mud and hang on to it. It takes high pressure to clean them.

Steve

I wanted them on all the time so I used a fuse in the box that has power when the truck is running. I think its labeled ignition. I used a fuse tap. The red wire leads to the fuse I used View attachment 1812
Hey there Jmzvet, those amber grille lights look so nice! Been debating on getting the aeroskin lightshield but think I’ll try my hand at this - or my brother’s hand I should say considering he’s the mechanic in the family, ha!! He does stuff like this on a daily basis so should be pretty easy for him I imagine.

Quick question - I read in the reviews (and you also mentioned) the wires aren’t even long enough to reach the fuse box - what other parts did you end up having to order to go with this kit to make it work? I noticed other sites/forums/YouTube videos mention something about micro fuses, how these trucks use different fuses than the standard ones? Just want to make sure I order up front everything needed to complete the installation!
Also I noticed they offer 2 different options - did you get the smoked lights or the regular amber lights? Wasn’t sure how different they are from each other as they all look basically the same in the pics!

I appreciate any help/advice you can provide my friend! I love this forum, it’s so great being connected to so many others all looking to help each other with our TB journeys! Thanks again for your help!

Hey there Jmzvet, those amber grille lights look so nice! Been debating on getting the aeroskin lightshield but think I’ll try my hand at this - or my brother’s hand I should say considering he’s the mechanic in the family, ha!! He does stuff like this on a daily basis so should be pretty easy for him I imagine.

Quick question - I read in the reviews (and you also mentioned) the wires aren’t even long enough to reach the fuse box - what other parts did you end up having to order to go with this kit to make it work? I noticed other sites/forums/YouTube videos mention something about micro fuses, how these trucks use different fuses than the standard ones? Just want to make sure I order up front everything needed to complete the installation!
Also I noticed they offer 2 different options - did you get the smoked lights or the regular amber lights? Wasn’t sure how different they are from each other as they all look basically the same in the pics!

I appreciate any help/advice you can provide my friend! I love this forum, it’s so great being connected to so many others all looking to help each other with our TB journeys! Thanks again for your help!
I got the regular amber lights. Not smoked.
Most all vehicles use Micro Fuses. They are readily available. I suggest you get a “fuse tap”. Makes it easy to get power from the engine fuse box. I got 5 on Amazon for $8. Only need one.
There’s 2 bolts near the center of the grill on the radiator support. I used one of them to attach to the ground wire.

Details?!
Rough Country 4” lift with Vertex shocks front and back . 35/12.5/18 Kenda Kevler RT tires. Kept the original wheels so I put 2” Spacers. Drives like a dream!! Adjusted for the tires with the Pulsar and turned throttle response up to 4. Yippee 🙌

Most Reactions

Back