What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today?

BossZ71

Reaction score
Installed new extreme amp steps. 👍

Attachments

• A678AA12-5819-49AC-9FC2-2B7B0D01FA3E.jpeg
    A678AA12-5819-49AC-9FC2-2B7B0D01FA3E.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 3B8DEEEB-75DA-4004-A78F-1F29176F2916.jpeg
    3B8DEEEB-75DA-4004-A78F-1F29176F2916.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 63

Jumpmaster95

Reaction score
How is the SWR on your set up? How much directional loss are you losing from being behind the cab?
I SWR’d 1:1.14 on 146MHz and 1:1.46 on 440Mhz. Not seeing any direction loss. With the 55” antenna I am still getting well above my cab. Admittedly I would like to have done a NMO mount but chickened out when it came time to drill a hole in my cab. I have talked as far as 344 miles with inversion a few weeks ago but I normally have no issues with repeaters out to 40 plus miles

How is the SWR on your set up? How much directional loss are you losing from being behind the cab?

Jumpmaster95

Reaction score
Finally have a somewhat "complete" set up I'm happy to share!

BAK Revolver 2 hard rolling bed cover
Blacked out Z71 logos
Stubby antenna
Removed Trail Boss stickers, replaced with matte black flags
Matte Black "Silverado" and "LT"
5% Window Tint all around (just brow on the front)
Tyger step bar
KMC Technic 20 x 9 +18mm wrapped in 33x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RTs
Pedal Commander

In the future looking to add:
cold air intake
exhaust
black front tow hooks
blacked out front z71 logo
Sharp Look Truck. I like the Matte Flag and those wheels look great on your truck

Blueicebob

Reaction score
Just had the dealership install the GM Towing mirrors, little strange and is going to take a lot to get use to
did they come down in price yet? I had tow mirrors on my last truck (05 duramax) that were aftermarkets that fit on HD trucks up until 19 I think. They were identical to oem’s and worked awesome for $125. Heated and had blinkers in them. Tow mirrors that get mounted on the doors (horrible change) are like $750-800. Waiting for the price to be realistic

jamesholyfield24

Reaction score
did they come down in price yet? I had tow mirrors on my last truck (05 duramax) that were aftermarkets that fit on HD trucks up until 19 I think. They were identical to oem’s and worked awesome for $125. Heated and had blinkers in them. Tow mirrors that get mounted on the doors (horrible change) are like $750-800. Waiting for the price to be realistic
Well no lol 1200 installed, I looked everywhere for aftermarket and nobody makes them, not sure if it's because the door wiring harness needs changed and programmed or what but I unfortunately could not wait because of pulling our camper long distance, it's absolutely ridiculous the price they charge when the trucks that are set up for towing should be standard on

Blueicebob

Reaction score
Well no lol 1200 installed, I looked everywhere for aftermarket and nobody makes them, not sure if it's because the door wiring harness needs changed and programmed or what but I unfortunately could not wait because of pulling our camper long distance, it's absolutely ridiculous the price they charge when the trucks that are set up for towing should be standard on
Yes it’s unfortunate! The labor is high as f*** because they have to pull the whole inner door panel off! Hence the idiotic design of moving it off the window corner to the door? Stupid shit like that pisses me off! Sorry for the rant

Daly

Reaction score
I miss that truck sometimes, specially when I need to haul wood in the bed. I really wish GM would sell a RCLB LT Trail Boss, I'd even go back to the 5.3 if it was the only option. But a 6.2 would be best. I miss having an 8 foot bed.