What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

Removed my chrome Z71 emblems and installed the Red/Black ones.

Looks like paying $325 for the Dark Essentials package would include the Z71 emblems.

Also installed the Rough Country under seat storage box.

Looks like paying $325 for the Dark Essentials package would include the Z71 emblems.

How do you like the RC storage box?

How do you like the RC storage box?
So far I really like it. It has a little wasted space due to the way its molded. It bolts down unlike Weather Tech and most others.

I also considered the DU HA with the lid.

So far I really like it. It has a little wasted space due to the way its molded. It bolts down unlike Weather Tech and most others.

I also considered the DU HA with the lid.
I really am leaning towards the DU HA for the storage capabilities but also you can use as a gun rack which is pretty cool

20220619_113545.jpg

Picked up the truck from the dealer on Friday. On Saturday I:
Installed Pulsar LT
Installed J&L (formerly JLT) oil catch can
Swapped stock antenna for stubby
Dropped in a center console organizer

I have only made a few minor modifications to The Boss so far:
1. Installed a Ham Raio that turned out really sweet. I actually used the blank where my brake controller would have went had I got that option to install my mount and then did a remote head Kenwood 710 radio
2. Replaced the stock emblems with Blacked out ones
3. It is a little dirty but I also had it ceramic coated which looks awesome and you can see in the pic before the emblem change
How much was the ceramic coating and was it worth it? Mines black so I feel like I need it.

In the past week I've done the following to mine:
Line-X bed liner
Roll up tonneau cover
Window tint
Boost wireless charger

Plans for the next couple of weeks:
Black out all emblems
Paint brake calipers
Paint chrome exhaust tips
Figure out how to upgrade to wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Functional Ram Air hood from Dawn Enterprises (in transit)
K&N 77 series cold air intake
Superchips tuner
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust with quad tips, then muffler and flap-valve delete
Truxedo low-pro tonneau cover
Stillen cold air scoop
J&L oil catch can
Red caliper covers (Chevrolet Mall)
Red tailgate inlay lettering (locally installed)
Redline Trail Boss logo (Emblems Plus)
Redline 6.2L hood badges (Ebay)
Redline bowtie on the grille (Ebay)
Tinted windows with "brow" on front windshield
Clear Bra on front end and beneath door handles

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Intake.jpg
    Intake.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Installed the REK-mesh off-road mud flaps. Expensive but worth every cent. I do a lot of true off-road stuff. Not sure how many use the off-road capabilities of this truck but it does what it was designed for. Walk right up some narrow trails!

Attachments

• 20220623_195022.jpg
    20220623_195022.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 164
  • 20220624_164311.jpg
    20220624_164311.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 179
Installed the REK-mesh off-road mud flaps. Expensive but worth every cent. I do a lot of true off-road stuff. Not sure how many use the off-road capabilities of this truck but it does what it was designed for. Walk right up some narrow trails!
The OEM flaps must go, they damaged my truck! I off road mine hard. The factory flaps are a bad design. They are rigid instead of flexible as they should be. When you crawl over a rock with your front tire the truck comes straight down on the rigid flap. On one side my flap bent and permanently creased it. On the other side the POS pushed my fender out of place! Stupid design! My paint job is already a mess, I have a lot of off road damage so I was just going to take them off. When I did it pissed me off again. The molded plastic wraps around the fender and hides a one inch slot cut in the fender. Without them it is obvious a part of the truck is missing. Your fender flares obviously hide the hole. I am looking for flexible flaps that will mount to the fender like OEM but be flexible. Most I have looked at mount flush to the wheel well and won't hide the big hole in the fender. I am not willing to put flares on.

And yes, these trucks will off road with the best out there.

Kind Regards,

Steve

I here what your saying, however at the same time I was getting rocks kicked up on the sides with hard right and left turns. With the small stones mixed in the clay it is nothing to have a bunch of stones in the driveway after pressure washing it. The lesser of two evils I guess. I looked at all the chipped paint and small dents and thought this was the way to go. Like you I would prefer not to have them. With the six inch lift it helps for ground clearance I'm guessing too.

Most Reactions

Back