What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

Installed AFE muffler delete and a catch can! I left the flapper valve because I figured I can always go back and cut it out. Sounds amazing!
Does leaving the Flapper valve really affect the sound that much? and how do you think it sounds compared to other who cut the valve off?

I have the cherry red and I’m weird about liking the red contrast as well. I did switch all 3 z71 emblems to red/black, put on red caliper covers, and got my exhaust tips powder coated gloss black. It already came with the dark essentials package. I think the little bit of red goes nice on it. I also like the all black out look as well on the black TBs.

Finally have a somewhat "complete" set up I'm happy to share!

BAK Revolver 2 hard rolling bed cover
Blacked out Z71 logos
Stubby antenna
Removed Trail Boss stickers, replaced with matte black flags
Matte Black "Silverado" and "LT"
5% Window Tint all around (just brow on the front)
Tyger step bar
KMC Technic 20 x 9 +18mm wrapped in 33x12.5x20 Kenda Klever RTs
Pedal Commander

In the future looking to add:
cold air intake
exhaust
black front tow hooks
blacked out front z71 logo
How are you liking the BAK bed cover?

How are you liking the BAK bed cover?
Absolutely love it! I was super hesitant because the BAK backflip was most definitely not waterproof (even though it advertises as such). I talked to a couple other guys who had this one and they said it was never an issue. Can confirm it's completely waterproof, and awesome for being able to access almost the entire bed. Just be careful, the underside gets extremely hot and can definitely sting when you go to roll it up if you don't use the felt on the sides

Does leaving the Flapper valve really affect the sound that much? and how do you think it sounds compared to other who cut the valve off?
Because of AFE's recommendation I left it in. I left the pipes a little long in the event I wanted to cut it later but I think I will leave it. As far as sound goes, it's perfect! I was nervous because I didn't want my truck to sound like a D-bag truck. Pretty aggressive on cold start but calms way down to a nice low rumble. Slight drone at 1500rpm, but not bad, I hear more duratrac noise than drone.

Okay great! I have just been on fence about it because i have seen people have bad reviews on it but I’m thinking that Range has worked out the bugs in it. I plan on getting it this month. I definitely hate the drone sound the DFM makes my Borla exhaust have when slowing down.
And if it makes you feel better.. cruising the highway, 5.3-10 speed, I just got my best (50mi) average up to 23.2 mpg.. with DFM deactivated. If I wasn’t driving through mountain passes and hills, it probably would have went even higher.

And if it makes you feel better.. cruising the highway, 5.3-10 speed, I just got my best (50mi) average up to 23.2 mpg.. with DFM deactivated. If I wasn’t driving through mountain passes and hills, it probably would have went even higher.
That is great! I drive a lot of highway miles. It’s crazy how I have the 6.2 10 speed and get 16 mpg same as when I use to have F150 eco boost lol. I’m a little hard on the pedal though because I love hearing the exhaust and CAI and can’t wait to see what the Pulsar will do to improve on the performance.

That is great! I drive a lot of highway miles. It’s crazy how I have the 6.2 10 speed and get 16 mpg same as when I use to have F150 eco boost lol. I’m a little hard on the pedal though because I love hearing the exhaust and CAI and can’t wait to see what the Pulsar will do to improve on the performance.
Lol it will unleash the beast!

the 65 profile probably didnt help that, componding with whatever offset you went with, going up to the 65 profile will give you a 34.6" OD, 60 is only 33.5 , all i had to trim was the top 2" of the mud flap because it bareley rubbed and only in reverse i could hear it catching on the edge, looking at my clearances a 1" bigger tire would rub in alot of places
Update, once I trimmed the liner and mud flap and removed the bracket behind the liner. I rub whatsoever.

Those decals worth it? Look great for the price. I'm north sky blue as well. Think that will look awesome and subtle :)
Good quality and easy install.
I removed the stock cartoon looking TrailBoss stickers on the bed. These look much better to me.

I’ve had my 2021 TB LT since may of this year and have only used it a few times …I want to put in place a leveling kit , maybe 2” in the front ….

what brand do you recommend ? Aside from the level kit, what else do I need to do ?

I eventually want to add 35” tires later on , will the level kit be enough to fit in the bigger tires?

Having a tint shop by my office dark smoke tint my taillights. I added LED reverse lights and did not want to have to overpay for the Recon units. That & a wash are this weeks action. Slow week ;)

Most Reactions

Back