What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

Did you do it yourself? I heard its a pain in the ass trying to get them off.
It def isn’t the easy thing to take off even with taking the side steps off. Once you get the hang of it it’s not bad. I can take the steps off and swap out the tips in about 30 mins now

Added an accessory today. The Travel Trailer will help us get out in the wild a bit more. Big test of the Trail Boss this summer as we tow from Texas to Washington and back.

Attachments

• A08959EF-8486-4A0A-BCC3-23FA06FC958A.jpeg
    A08959EF-8486-4A0A-BCC3-23FA06FC958A.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 61
Added an accessory today. The Travel Trailer will help us get out in the wild a bit more. Big test of the Trail Boss this summer as we tow from Texas to Washington and back.
That’s looks nice. How’s it tow behind the TB?

That’s looks nice. How’s it tow behind the TB?
I've only towed dry so far (4,580 lbs) and the Trail Boss pulled great. When loaded the trailer gets to 6,000lbs so it'll definitely get more noticeable. This trailer is well within the TB limits so I expect things to go well towing on freeways... even when crossing the Rockies.

I've only towed dry so far (4,580 lbs) and the Trail Boss pulled great. When loaded the trailer gets to 6,000lbs so it'll definitely get more noticeable. This trailer is well within the TB limits so I expect things to go well towing on freeways... even when crossing the Rockies.
I tow a heavy 30 footer. Probably well north of 7000. Then the bed gets loaded with a generator and ice chests etc. The trailer info system says I have over 2,500 miles towing it already. My suspension is stock except for a front end level. It's just a little out of my comfort zone so I am going to put air bags on it to be safe. My 5.3 has all the power I need even in the Rockies. The 10 speed transmission is a dream. I hardly touch my brakes even on step downgrades. You can pick a gear to hold it at any speed you want.

From that one picture yours looks reasonably well trimmed dry. When fully loaded the trailer and truck should both be level. If your rear end squats your pulling too much weight off the front axle. The real test is to get it up to freeway speed and carefully move the wheel back and forth to create some sway. That will let you know how stable it really is. If it makes you pucker there is a problem ;)

Nice rig! I hope you enjoy it for many years. Mine is an old 2007 and still rolling. Spent 4 days at a lake this weekend.

Steve

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back