What's new

What I don’t like about my Trail Boss

TB6.2

Reaction score
An annoying inset on the driver side floor board to the left of the brake pedal. Messes with foot room for long legs and size 13’s. Not there on our 2014 2500HD or 2014 Ram. More footroom in the backseat.

Attachments

• 9CD61DF3-69B7-4DB9-A53A-862402DBC654.jpeg
    9CD61DF3-69B7-4DB9-A53A-862402DBC654.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 214
I just noticed this the other day and was annoyed by it as well lol that’s where I get to chill my leg haha

That’s called a dead pedal. Use it to brace yourself. They can be an intrusion I guess

I thought of a new one... fuel is approaching 4 bucks in California again!!! Already over at some stations!

An annoying inset on the driver side floor board to the left of the brake pedal. Messes with foot room for long legs and size 13’s. Not there on our 2014 2500HD or 2014 Ram. More footroom in the backseat.
I love this feature. I was annoyed that my Tundra had a similar floor contour, but it was only carpeted, vice rubberized. Keeps my feet on the same plane while driving. Maybe move your seat back?

Hadn’t heard of a dead pedal before. What I found out was that it is primarily used in standard transmission equipped vehicles to keep left foot on same plane as clutch pedal to cut response time to clutching and to prevent riding the clutch. Also as a foot rest and as a brace in a collision. It’s all personal preference I guess. Even with the seat all the way back, still have to keep knee bent. It’s too restricting for me. On long drives on cruise I like to be able to stretch out. I’ll get used to it or get out the sawzall!

If I could only change one thing about the trail boss .....it would be having them equipped with a actual selectable locker not the auto locker it comes with... like to be locked up when driving into a offroad situation, and not wait for wheel spin ...Ford has had it available on the F150’s for a number of years now and dodge just started as well.... ZR2 has both front and rear selectable lockers .... wonder if a selectable locker can be added to the front differential.

Last edited:
If I could only change one thing about the trail boss .....it would be having them equipped with a actual selectable locker not the auto locker it comes with... like to be locked up when driving into a offroad situation, and not wait for wheel spin ...Ford has had it available on the F150’s for a number of years now and dodge just started as well.... ZR2 has both front and rear selectable lockers .... wonder if a selectable locker can be added to the front differential.
Yup. Agree here. Selectable locker would be MUCH better. 99 times out of a 100 you know when you're about to get in some shi! It'd be nice to lock up prior.

Most Reactions

Back