What's new

What I don’t like about my Trail Boss

Mine hasn't been mentioned, so curious if anyone else has this gripe. On both my 15 and 18 LT silverado's, the interior lights were always on (radio/ac/light controls/etc). For some dumb reason, on my LT Trail Boss, you have to have either the headlights or fog lamps on in order for the interior lights to be activated. I have 5% tint all around, so it stays pretty dark in there, making it sometimes very difficult to see what button I'm actually pressing. I also don't care for the random *bump* in the center console (the external tray, not the cavern many have mentioned). Makes placing a phone in there really awkward.

For all the bucks we pay for a Boss you would think the rear view mirror would adjust itself when someone is blinding you with their headlights at night.
I agree. There's a fairly easy mod on the other popular forum site. I installed an auto dimming mirror on mine. The power cable is already there for the mirror.

What i dont like about my 2021 trail boss with 1000 miles bought at rotolo chevrolet in fontana is that its a complete pile of shit. I ve had the truck for two months and its spent half that life in the service department with prick fucking service mangers at rotolo and inconsiderate GM Fat cats that think they can continue to sell a rubbish truck even after they've had so many failures. I would steer clear of these disfunctional vehicles at all cost. were not talking about little problems that arent significant were talking about major engine and trans problems with catastrofic failures on vehicles that have less than 5000 miles in most cases.Mine unfortunately did not even make it to 1000 miles. what a bunch of useless turds working at GM

Find a new dealership so you don't have to use your first 6 posts here complaining about the problems you are having at the current one. That's my suggestion...we can't fix your truck or make it better. A good dealership can.
Maybe you haven’t read my post its not like a dealer can fix the problem all they can do is keep throwing bandaids on it. They eat lifters like their skittles. That can’t even repair for weeks if not months because their badly designed lifter don’t work for any length of time and they can’t stock them fast enough. And I complain because GM is doing nothing about it And I wish someone had warned me before purchasing. So if anyone goes on this site looking for information they should look up chevy engine lifter issues. It’s not like I’m making it up just type it in on your browser and you’ll find hundreds if not thousands of post about this problem. In fact it’s been going on for a few years ever since one of their engineers hired straight out of Kentucky frid chicken decided he could save more fuel by putting 16 bad lifters in their engine instead of the eight in the previous AFM engines. So I’m sorry if I hurt your feeling about your truck. It hurt my feelings that Chevy was an icon when I was young so I bought this truck thinking it’s reliable because it’s a Chevy. And now I find that Chevy has become a huge joke. According to consumer reports , jd powers , motor Biscuits and many other reputable sources including thousands of online post from people who got swindled just like me chevy is the most unreliable truck made now. It hurts my feeling that the dealer and GM who knew about this problem for years will now not stick by their product once you purchase it. So save your self rightousness for someone else because your words don’t mean anything to me.

I have had three 5.3's and now a 6.2 no lifter issues, only major issue was my tranny in the last truck which was a Tahoe, and was fine till my EX dealership screwed it up... sorry serviced it....I drive all my vehicles to their potential, all trucks have and will see wide open throttle at least once a day, it's a very rare day when I see the cylinders cut out to save fuel burn....I have at least 15 clients who have chevy's and I never hear any horror stories.... maybe we are just lucky ? dunno....

I had lifter failure and my dealership, acknowledged, addressed, fixed and resolved the issue within 48 hours and attached an extended warranty. Good dealerships can diagnose AND fix the issue.

The dealership makes a difference
Im happy for you but the problem is they have so many trucks with lifter failure they cant keep them in stock ive tried many dealerships and all say they have to order parts could be a few weeks wait. That makes me think this issue is much more serious than most thibk. If you look online youl here stories of peiple waiting for months to get trucks with lifter failures repaired. Just spoke to the dealer and his response is hes doing his best but he has 5 other truck in front of me with the same issue. So everyone seems to get very defensive when i talk about this issue and just because your truck didnt suufer a lifter failure early on does bot exempt it from this problem. Its likely you will suffer from it maybe after your warranty is up. Its not just a coincidence that 5 trucks are waiting with the same issue and this is just one single dealership and this month only and its not likely theyve been selling many trucks since inventory has been low. So this is a major engine manufacturing defect and no trucks are exempt fron it

Last edited:
Maybe you haven’t read my post its not like a dealer can fix the problem all they can do is keep throwing bandaids on it. They eat lifters like their skittles. That can’t even repair for weeks if not months because their badly designed lifter don’t work for any length of time and they can’t stock them fast enough. And I complain because GM is doing nothing about it And I wish someone had warned me before purchasing. So if anyone goes on this site looking for information they should look up chevy engine lifter issues. It’s not like I’m making it up just type it in on your browser and you’ll find hundreds if not thousands of post about this problem. In fact it’s been going on for a few years ever since one of their engineers hired straight out of Kentucky frid chicken decided he could save more fuel by putting 16 bad lifters in their engine instead of the eight in the previous AFM engines. So I’m sorry if I hurt your feeling about your truck. It hurt my feelings that Chevy was an icon when I was young so I bought this truck thinking it’s reliable because it’s a Chevy. And now I find that Chevy has become a huge joke. According to consumer reports , jd powers , motor Biscuits and many other reputable sources including thousands of online post from people who got swindled just like me chevy is the most unreliable truck made now. It hurts my feeling that the dealer and GM who knew about this problem for years will now not stick by their product once you purchase it. So save your self rightousness for someone else because your words don’t mean anything to me.
You didn't hurt my feelings. Just gave you a suggestion to keep you from rambling on about your truck problem. Sorry your truck is broken. I guess I am lucky mine isn't. (sarcasm)

You didn't hurt my feelings. Just gave you a suggestion to keep you from rambling on about your truck problem. Sorry your truck is broken. I guess I am lucky mine isn't. (sarcasm)
Neither is mine - 7k 2021 5.3 - flawless so far. I have had tacomas with front timing cover leaks and power steering pump leaks, as well as a GMC1500 that blew out the trans at 64k on a 4l60E. Also had fords that had issues at 65k on a used 37k purchase. Only car that has never given me a problem - wait 0 (all had some issues). I like my boss and if it has a problem I'll let Gm handle it under the warranty I paid for

Most Reactions

Back