What's new

Will this Rim size fit a 2021 Trail Boss

JMurphy

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Trail Boss with a stock set of 275 / 65 R18. I am looking at a set of winter rims and tires but I not positive they fit my truck. They are a set of trail boss alloy rims 17"x8" with a 20mm offset. The current rim size is 18" x 8.5" with a 24mm off set. Not sure if the 17" rims will have clearance issues around the calipers. Anyone on here running this rim size on a 2021?

The 17in wheel diameter is no concern.
4mm is about 1/8in so the offset should be fine. Check your current rim to caliper face clearance. Id bet its a more than 1/8 inch. You could also add a thin spacer if its too close for comfort.

I have a 2021 Trail Boss with a stock set of 275 / 65 R18. I am looking at a set of winter rims and tires but I not positive they fit my truck. They are a set of trail boss alloy rims 17"x8" with a 20mm offset. The current rim size is 18" x 8.5" with a 24mm off set. Not sure if the 17" rims will have clearance issues around the calipers. Anyone on here running this rim size on a 2021?
Did you ever do this? How are the 17" rims?

Hey JMurphy,
It seems I have the same issue that you recently experienced. My rig is a ‘21 Trail Boss with the 18” stock wheel package. I purchased a 265/70/R17 winter tire and rim setup which when I install the front set the inside of the rim sits against the Calliper. It was suggested in a response to possible use a small spacer. Just wandering if you did and what the out come was.

A 5mm or 3/8" spacer is all you need. You can go cheap and get cast aluminum ones from Autozone or the like. I ordered a set of billet aluminum ones off ebay that are exact bolt pattern drilled and were about $30 for the set of 4.

It's not because of the 17" wheel, it's the style of wheel. My wheels were 20's and hit. I bought 2 different set of 17" aftermarket wheels and they clear with TONS of room.

Thanks a ton for the reply and insight, would you possibley have a part number for the billet set you purchased from autozone?

The ones from Autozone are cast aluminum. The billet ones I got from ebay. HERE

I bought a set of RSOTECH forged 6x139.7 wheel spacers, installed them last night and torqued the wheels down to 140 ft/lbs. tons of space around the calliper. Thanks GETDONE for the advice, I’ll keep an eye on the wheel nuts to make sure they don’t back off. 🍻

stocks are fine with a 6mm spacer. If you're going much more than that then you would probably want longer studs.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back