What's new

You actually use your truck?

Calhoon

Reaction score
Do any of you guys actually use this truck for what it was made for? I joined this forum for more info than how to make my truck look cool and how big of tires I could fit while driving to the mall...

OP
C

Calhoon

Reaction score
F7182AEE-61A9-4B31-A2E0-983AAF64354D.png

Baz

Reaction score
Short answer is yes... but keep in mind that a lot of people who use their trucks for truck stuff also like to personalize their trucks and increase ground clearance with bigger tires, etc.

GTDAD66

Reaction score
Mine is a daily driver, so i take care of her. But i do use her to get things done that need to be done.

Reactions: Baz

MikesTrophyTruck

Reaction score
Do any of you guys actually use this truck for what it was made for? I joined this forum for more info than how to make my truck look cool and how big of tires I could fit while driving to the mall...

Bought my TB on the 10th of Feb. Took the wife to Yuba Goldfields for Valentines day, she was petrified that a branch nonchalantly scraped down the whole left side of my $64K truck with only 187 miles on it! It buffed out real nice with the $1400 Ceramic coating I had done. I cant wait till the snow melts on my mining claim up near La Porte.

OP
C

Calhoon

Reaction score
Nice work! I had a friend put a full 3M wrap on my truck. Had a few branches get through but that coating is pretty damn tough.

Jmzvet

Reaction score
I don’t use my truck at all. Just like I didn’t use my Corvette.
i enjoy making my cars and trucks into what I like. I enjoy them but I use them as toys👍
I did use my trucks and cars when I was younger but now I just make them look good to me😂

vezePilot

Reaction score
Got a load of Firewood for the first time in my new truck. It's interesting with the new bed geometry-- 7 inches wider inside than earlier pickups. Fitted just about the same 1/3 cord of firewood, TB short bed versus 2011 standard bed. I also use my Corvette regularly and have put nearly 25,000 miles on it in almost 3 years.

p.s.: I use a heavy tarp in the bed, so no scratches from firewood and easy wood-chips clean-up. Still only 1,200 miles new. :)

Jmzvet

Reaction score
Got a load of Firewood for the first time in my new truck. It's interesting with the new bed geometry-- 7 inches wider inside than earlier pickups. Fitted just about the same 1/3 cord of firewood, TB short bed versus 2011 standard bed. I also use my Corvette regularly and have put nearly 25,000 miles on it in almost 3 years.

p.s.: I use a heavy tarp in the bed, so no scratches from firewood and easy wood-chips clean-up. Still only 1,200 miles new. :)
Then I guess I do use mine too.
I put a kayak in the bed last week😎

Midnight

Reaction score
Yeah, it gets used for sure. Owned for 8months and it already has 12k miles and is covered with pinstripes, running boards are smashed from sliding on rocks. I use 4wd frequently in the sand washes, snow, and to cross a few creeks. Hauls my Jeep up the mountain, my dirtbike to the trail, and moves a 9500lbs trailer just fine. It's a truck and gets used as such. Also keeps my boy safe! These are the photos I have, didn't take them myself, I usually don't see my truck doing truck stuff and think "I gotta take a picture of this" so sorry for the lame photos.
alpine fishing.jpg

Attachments

• firewood.jpg
    firewood.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 12
  • button masher.jpg
    button masher.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 12

vezePilot

Reaction score
Using it to get up into the mountains for the important stuff. Some snow now (lots later) ... and Flintlock.

CalmBeforeStorm.jpeg

TruckAndFlintlock.jpeg

vezePilot

Reaction score
As I posted Wednesday, I went and got a load of firewood in my new Trail Boss. Today I found a link to a very neat site regarding "biofuel" uses, where it shows that a Full Cord of Lodgepole Pine firewood weighs about 2,576 pounds. So, my typical third-of-a-cord load weighs more than 850 lbs. That's why I have no interest in getting my truck "leveled."

In my 2011 Silverado, I carried garden dirt, sand, driveway rock, firewood and large machines (big lathe once, polisher machine for telescope lenses) All of these loads were from 800 to 1800 lbs. I never worried much for the limits stated in the doorframe. I use larger tires with higher weight capacities. Chevy truck always seemed easily able to handle what was asked of it.

Last edited:

Wandering_chungus

Reaction score
Yes
Yes sir. It’s the first time I’ve ever owned a truck so I have no other experiences to compare it to. I’ve takin it through 6+ inches of snow on a single track road through the mountains elk hunting with my old man, and I’ve been to Moab three times with it. It’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it and then some. The only thing I’m questionable about is the G80 locker, it is kind of sketchy in Moab, like you need to be aggressive on the throttle to get the locker to engage. Certain situations really call for precise maneuvers and I feel like an electronic locker would really round this truck out.

beezer1519

Reaction score
Maybe one day when the “new” smell wears off. Just got my front end done with XPEL. Next is a bed cover and a rack with rooftop tent... then I guess I’ll have to do truck stuff haha

Jstone291

Reaction score
I took my girlfriend out for valentines day to lake pleasant. I never went offloading the way I normally would. I did not want to get AZ pinstripes. So I went the hard way on a lot of climbs. Got it on 3 wheels. Haha! Crawled her in 4 low though. Works really well. Have not used decent control as I am old school from Jeeps as well as desert. And I only had her 2 weeks!

Attachments

• 20210130_142846.jpg
    20210130_142846.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20210130_143007.jpg
    20210130_143007.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 19

Latest Discussions...

Most Reactions