2019 LT Trail Boss 1500 Low Miles, Do I sell...

WEM1820

New member
Joined
Oct 6, 2026
Messages
3
Media
3
Reaction score
2
Location
New Jersey
Current Ride
2019 LT Trailboss 1500
I do not TOW anything, Its not a work truck, my 54k miles are all commuter, weekend travel type stuff. No real issues with the truck. I decided to speed up the Transmission service (60k recommended) b/c Im KEEPING this truck as opposed to getting into a new one. Internet is VIRAL with engine issues on many of the GM models/trims from 2019 - 2026 and they are quite expensive as you all know. Any thoughts on selling it now and taking advantage of the great condition and low miles...?? I really cant see leasing/buying a new one with all the GM crap goin on. Is GM even standing behind these trucks? "Changing to a thicker oil", in my opinion, is not "standing behind" the product... I could keep, but then im exposed to potential 7500 fix if im one of the unlucky owners. I could get into a new one but at these prices is it a smart move? I love my pick-up... what would i even get if it were to sell this one in hopes of avoiding costly repairs even on a truck that was not run ragged. Thoughts? Appreciated!
 
I do not TOW anything, Its not a work truck, my 54k miles are all commuter, weekend travel type stuff. No real issues with the truck. I decided to speed up the Transmission service (60k recommended) b/c Im KEEPING this truck as opposed to getting into a new one. Internet is VIRAL with engine issues on many of the GM models/trims from 2019 - 2026 and they are quite expensive as you all know. Any thoughts on selling it now and taking advantage of the great condition and low miles...?? I really cant see leasing/buying a new one with all the GM crap goin on. Is GM even standing behind these trucks? "Changing to a thicker oil", in my opinion, is not "standing behind" the product... I could keep, but then im exposed to potential 7500 fix if im one of the unlucky owners. I could get into a new one but at these prices is it a smart move? I love my pick-up... what would i even get if it were to sell this one in hopes of avoiding costly repairs even on a truck that was not run ragged. Thoughts? Appreciated!
Extended warranties can take some of the sting out. Plus the diesels already have a 100,000k power train warranty.
 
is your a 6.2 ?
my 23 with 54K miles was just offered $42K from the local dealer. Being a 6.2, that is covered out 150K now...so electronics and trans are the only gremlins.
i pondered the extended warranty way back when, and discovered the dealer gave me a 5yr / 60K bumper at bumper and tie of purchase

now being past 36K and nearing 60K...i researched some more into the extended coverage...my local dealer was the cheapest option for an all inclusive GOLD package at 3400$...Knapp was closer to 5k$.

i decided to eat the 3400 and get the coverage, as i have a good deal of expensive mods done and dont feel like swapping any over or losing all together.
 
5.3.L - I have no mods.. pretty stock other than some lettering, stubby antenna and tires. First Truck Ive "OWNED" instead of leased so longer term maintenance is new to me. have it in for service and just got a whole story about needing to drop the exhaust to access the Trans Pan and Filter... The more I think about keeping it, the more annoyed I get at the design... seems to be designed for expensive service calls to feed dealers. Pluss KNAPP who was supposed to be very competitive with warrantees is quoting crazy prices for not such long coverage. Im well below the milage limits but 5k for a few eyars seems like a lot.
 

Latest Discussions...

Back
Top