What's new

6.2 Trial Boss engine rattle noise when accelerating hard.

I have a 22 Silverado 6.2 Trail Boss which I love to drive. This is the most capable powerful truck I’ve owned. The issue is this rattle noise. At 1st I could hear it but wasn’t able to duplicate the problem so I just ignored it. I now have 13k mikes on it and finally realized it’s making this rattle type noice under hard acceleration when the transmission downshifts and I start to get on the peddle. It’s also happening when I’m at a cruising speed and there’s an incline and I give it a bit of gas. It almost sounds like a loose pulley, I even drove it with the AC off and the noice is still there. I came to the conclusion that it’s only happening under load. I took it to the dealer on Tuesday and went on a test drive with the service manager and tells me he couldn’t hear anything, but that his hearing is shot because he worked with loud machinery in his younger days. Took it in the following day and even made a video where you can clearly hear the rattle and emailed it to the service writer per his request. Only to get a call the following day to tell me there is no check engine light on and there is nothing they can do for the noice because there is no obvious or apparent part they can warranty out. Not to worry because I’m still under warranty and if the problem gets worse to bring back in. I told him I wasn’t happy with that but what should my next step be. He calmly said to call GM Customer Service and start a case, where they’ll just ask me to take it back to a certified GM dealer like them and that GM would probably send out a field engineer to try and figure it out. I just picked up my truck and the way they worded the repair order was could not duplicate the problem. Just disappointed with the dealer, I feel like they don’t want to bother with rattles, I get that, but I don’t want to be hearing this noice until something breaks. I’m just afraid of this getting worse or being stranded one day. Started a claim with GM, I’m waiting for a call from them at this moment. Let’s see how they handle my situation. Anyone else having a similar issue?
Finally!! After scouring the internet I have found someone else with a similar experience. I bought a new Tahoe in Feb 2023, 6.2L, also having this same issue with rattling. Also took it to the dealership and was told by 3 different people they didn't hear it. Impossible! If it helps the community here to diagnose the potential issue, I get the rattling noise on engine start but goes away when the engine idles down, at cruising speed when there's an incline and I push on the gas and every time during deceleration the rpm's hit 1,000, it rattles. I can't seem to place it at all where the issue is coming from. I have only used premium petrol since the day I bought it. It's due for servicing and I want to complain but know nothing will be done. Any further updates on the potential issue? Thanks

Anybody have any ideas on the rattling noise I just keep sending it rattle and all still has plenty of power while rattling it basically stops rattling a couple of seconds after you let out or it catches up so it could be high pressure fuel pump or injection system

Most Reactions

Back