Amp install

KK4NIV

New member
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Mountains of western North Carolina
Current Ride
2026 Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Current Ride #2
2019 XR650L
Hopefully someone can help me. I have a 2026 trailboss 5.3 without the bose system radio. I added a lc2i with a Rockford Fosgate T1000-1bdCP amp with 2-kicker LT7-10s. I am using a T-harness. The problem I’m having is that sometimes a kind of a static noise is in the subs. It will come through when system is off or on while playing bass. I have pin pointed it to the lc2i and amp. I have the system grounded through the seat bolt of the back seat. Planning on running another grounding cable down to frame. I have the wires for lc2i ran through a 9 wire cable that’s speakers and power for the lc2i. Could that be the problem? So do I need to run a separate power and ground for the lc2i?
 
i would move the power wire...nearly all higher power system run the power and signal wires down opposite sides.
 
Back
Top