What's new

Do I have DFM model?

I tried that and they said they no longer provide build sheets.
You can also use your phone camera to scan the QR code on a sticker just inside your driver door. I think there are three stickers with codes... one of the QR codes is 4 times the size of the other two and that is the one you should scan. It will give a text string with VIN and model info but will follow that with a list of the build codes for your truck. It isn't the most user friendly but if you paste it into Excel it is easier to work with.

Nope - all V8 Silverados and Sierras have the problem lifters, and there is no fix for the problem. There was a batch of defective lifters back in '21 that they fixed...those trucks have lifter failure generally before the 30k mile mark. The rest of us will be dealing with the issue later, most commonly in the 60-80k mile range. It's not a defect in the lifters, it's simply a result of unnecessary overcomplication. You can't avoid it by buying a specific year/trim/engine, and you can't even run from it - RAMS have the same problem, and Ford/Toyota are only doing TT V6's now which have even more catastrophic issues. So either extend your powertrain warranty for as long as you want to keep the truck or do a full, physical, DFM delete.

We really, REALLY need to sticky this information. This is like the 15th time i've typed it up.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back